Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago I noticed a hard lump about the size of a pea on Reggie’s cheek so I took him to the vet to have it checked out. They thought he might have chewed on something that aggravated his lymph node, so I was told to keep an eye on it and the swelling should go down in a few days. After a week and a half it looked the same, so he was given some antibiotics. The lump hadn’t gone down any after the medicine and he had some tummy issues and is eating about half of what he normally eats (and without the vigor), so they decided it’s best to remove the lymph node and send it to a pathology lab to figure out exactly what it is. His vet doesn’t seem overly concerned with it, which is reassuring. It’s too easy to jump straight to the worst case scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aw. That's a scary one, but glad to hear the vet isn't too concerned. When will you have the results?
The surgery is scheduled for the end of the month, so we will hopefully have the results not too long after that.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Hopefully it will be nothing but I'm always careful with any lumps or bumps. Perhaps the antibiotic has upset his tummy some making for his lack of appetite. My dogs usually also get a probiotic when taking antibiotics.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
How lucky for Reggie that you noticed! Glad to hear the vet isn't too concerned. Hoping for the best.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully it will be nothing but I'm always careful with any lumps or bumps. Perhaps the antibiotic has upset his tummy some making for his lack of appetite. My dogs usually also get a probiotic when taking antibiotics.
That’s a great point about the antibiotics. They did give me some probiotics to add to his food, so hopefully they will help settle his stomach soon

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reggie had his lymph node removed yesterday morning and is doing great so far. He is NOT a fan of the cone of shame but he’s eating all of his food and is already trying to get me to play ball with him. The vet said the lab usually has the results in a couple days to a week, so fingers crossed I’ll have an answer soon.

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
Glad to hear Reggie is eating well again and wants to play - very positive signs.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Fingers crossed for a good result, and a fast recovery.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
how wonderful you got good news.

Reactions: RedonRed
1 - 19 of 19 Posts