Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I've become the very happy person to a 14 week old Standard Poodle. We were halfway looking for a third dog, something smallish... and I stumbled across an ad for pups, an oops litter, of Standards. And locally! So, surprise! We have a poodle ?

I'm of the very careful work with a breeder type of dog person (also usually have a rescue in the pack), so this impulse was, well, impulsive!

I'm really happy with the pup, chosen from 6 males. Great social following and curious as heck. Outshone his brothers ?

Parti-color brown. Mama is cafe au lait, so wondering if he'll clear out to that!

Now to adjust to our GSD, and mini poodle mutt-- one who is not impressed, and the other pretending it's not happening!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome, Angus! What a cute pup. It does take a while for the pack to adjust to a new family member, but they usually come around with time :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pup is Angus ?
I think that's what drew me to him, I thought I was going to pick a black & white -- he totally looks like a GWP or Griffon and I grew up with a liver Springer and I've loved several liver Brittanys!

Yes, pack adjustment does take time! It's hilarious because the GSD was a total pain to the other 2 (my elderly Bouvier having passed this spring) and she's been the baby for 3.5 years but also new alpha after the Bouv, so you can see her trying to figure it all out.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Welcome from another ESS fan. I had 2 of my own and volunteered with English Springer Rescue America, so I had Springers come into my house for fostering, helping them along the way to their permanent homes.

I love the parti poodles - ah any poodle really in all their glory -toy, mini & standard.

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
Welcome to you and your new puppy. Gorgeous parti markings.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome!!! Your sweet Angus is stunning. I think this is a great impulsive buy!!! That is one that I would be proud of!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts