Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I've got an old guy (11ish year old, spoo) at home who has been diagnosed with a pinched nerve in his neck. I'm currently weighing my options on getting an MRI to find the cause, but in the mean time, I need a harness for walking around the yard and assisting him down a few stairs.
The vet told me that any harness would work, but I figure I may as well get one that will allow for more specialized support in the coming months.
I've always had a hard time finding things that fit his poodle shape. Does anyone here have suggestions on harnesses that might work?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,070 Posts
The older model Kurgo fit my spoos adequately. I could lift them like suitcases when the wore it. I know the design has changed some (front leash clip has been added, carabiners seatbelts clip) but it might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I too have had a terrible time getting things to fit my spoos gorgeous poodle shape. He is a service dog and I have never yet found even a vest that doesn't fit horribly. I know exactly what you mean.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As an update, I tried the newer Kurgo style, but had to return it.
The Ruffwear Flagline ended up being out best fit. It's got two chest straps and an adjustable neck, so we could get a closer fit throughout. It also has sufficiently wide chest straps for better lifting support, although this is a drawback in hot weather...

I think Ruffwear makes a similar model with smaller straps (more ventilation) but it didn't look as comfortable for the dog being lifted.

·
Super Moderator
1,070 Posts
As an update, I tried the newer Kurgo style, but had to return it.
The Ruffwear Flagline ended up being out best fit. It's got two chest straps and an adjustable neck, so we could get a closer fit throughout. It also has sufficiently wide chest straps for better lifting support, although this is a drawback in hot weather...

I think Ruffwear makes a similar model with smaller straps (more ventilation) but it didn't look as comfortable for the dog being lifted.
Thanks for giving an update. I'm glad you found something that fits and provides the support you need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts