Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So not my best work, I just got tired honestly and couldn't scissor any more. I hope there aren't any sticky outties that pop up. He was matted (again) hasn't been matted in months since I shaved him down in early spring. Momma didn't like that very much and it inspired her to make more time for brushing. Life in general though has once again gotten in the way of poodle coat care and she admited that she's been super super busy and hasn't been keeping up like she should. She needs him shorter
ME; Ok, you want him shaved?
Her; NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Well.... maybe. He's getting matted b.c his new dog bed seems to be causing static in his coat and well the bed looks nicer than the dog so I don't want to get rid of it, maybe I should shave him?
ME; Ummm K, How about a shorter belly and chest?? (thinking to myself, why are you not using the spray I gave you last year that happens to be an anti stat?)
HER; Do whatever, I just need him shorter but I loovee this clip.

Sooo, I put the dog in the kennel in my bedroom and went back to bed, she drops off before 6am and I don't function before 7am :p Then I got up and dematted him and set about doing a very modified clip to suit what she needs and still look kind of like what she wants. It doesn't help that he doesn't as Secreto put it once wear the clip very well. Momma thinks he's the best poodle to ever walk to earth structure wise, she thinks he's wouldnt have been a good show dog just because of his coat. Thats fine with me, she's stopped ripping apart MY dogs at which is all that really matters to me. She asked me today, is the way his hair grows what makes him not good for show?
Ummm..... sure, yeah lets go with that :)

2009_10280005.jpg

2009_10280003.jpg

Here is what is left after demat and scissor. I took a 10 blade to his belly all the way to the armpits, so thats why he looks like he has sleeves. I didn't have a choice but to take it slightly into the chest so you can see the bald stripe when he sits. It'll grow back. I also had to modify his rosettes (again) because her husband insists one is bigger than the other, which it isn't. One may be sitting slightly higher than the other and thats what he sees? I can't see it but it;s the only thing I can think of. I totaly cheated on my scissoring today and to save time I took a "C" snap on comb over his jacket except for on his neck then scissored.

Don't laugh at the braceletts, hehe, they'll grow back. They were matted badly enough to have holes in them after I finished brushing them out. The rear ones I HATE, they are the worst. Thankgoodness they grow so quickly and I can reshape them next time. I was hoping for barrels or ovals this time instead of the bigger round ones he's had. Failed. Opps. I'll blame it on cletus and cramping. Ugh.

Just to refresh any memories that pay attention here is the link to the last post on this clip and what it looked like while it was growing back from the shave down, it hadn't been scissored yet at that point it was just growing and growing.
http://www.poodleforum.com/showthread.php?t=2101
(there's also a link in that post to the shaved down pictures which I think are kind of funny)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
LOL, as the Poodle turns! It's actually a good distraction from my Engish paper, so thank you! I think he looks good; I like that clip. Mom needs to learn to brush though. I brush Bailey more than I brush my own hair and he's in a Schnauzer clip. I hate brushing my hair for some reason. (Actually, I have a weird wave to my hair and brushing makes it worse.) I comb through it when it's wet and that it. I even went an entire summer w/o brushing or combing. My mom should've taken me to a groomer, lol!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I actually like it...I think it's a great clip for a modified continental. I've considered putting Vega into one...granted i've never done it but only one way to learn, right?

Right now Vega has a c-wahl comb done all over except his top knot im growing out. I wonder if this clip would even look good on him? He'd have hardly any bracelets.. meh who knows. I don't think i'll do it to him right before it gets cold. We like our early morning walks!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Wonder, I got to thinking last night; Nicholas is going to wonder why you keep calling him Cletus. You know you'll mix it up. I do it with my pets all the time and my mom always did it w/ my brother and me. I was Tay-missy and my bro was Miss-taylor. He definatley got the worst of it, lol! Now I get mixed up w/ her cat, Esmie, and my brother gets mixed up w/ the dog, Dudley. It's hilarious.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
You did a great job! 8D I'm a big fan of the pet cont clip.. and I plan on putting my poodle in it when I get him/her, though I'm a groomer and know the upkeep lol.. It's not hard to brush your dog!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aiden I like it when they don't have huge bracelets, so much easier to keep. You might have noticed that I'm not a big fan of them lol. I've managed to convince most of my clients that want them that they are kind of a pain. The spoo I had in a miami finialy decided to go to a lamb instead -THANKGOD! Her's were a mess and having been messed up by another "groomer" it was taking forever to get them back to looking the way they should. Didn't you say you might try the saddle on your girl? I reaally miss long haired Jazz so I think that is what I will shoot for in the near future. Saleen is on her way to a modern but still has some growing out to do. Shame on me, I'm not good at waiting for hair to grow and I keep getting bored and clipping something that I should be leaving alone just for something to do to with them. I wish I had about five poodles, maybe mini's instead of spoos. Then there would always be somebody in need of grooming and I could experiment with whatever style struck my fancy just about whenever I wanted. The down side to that I suppose is that well... there wold always be somebody in need of grooming LoL.

Harley Chik, Hahahaha hubby says the same thing. He always corrects me "you mean Nicholas".

Cybercat I'm a perfectionist, what can I say lol. I pick apart all my grooms and kick myself for missing this or that when I go back and look at the photos. Maybe I should stop taking pictures?
I get a vision in my mind of how it should look and I kills me that this one didn't turn out. Those darn bracelets thats what ruins my picture for me, the rest I am ok with. Though in the spirit of always room for improvement it can always be better :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I like it! I'm seriously tempted to put Paris into a continental one day. I never used to be tempted. Honest. lol!!! The desi trim is keeping me happy for now anyway!! lol.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I like it! I'm seriously tempted to put Paris into a continental one day. I never used to be tempted. Honest. lol!!! The desi trim is keeping me happy for now anyway!! lol.
DO IT!!!

Lol, she'll be so cute in it

Maybe sometime after you poodle exam???

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
yup, the Desi trim will keep me happy till my poodle grooming exam late next year at least. We'll see from there ;)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup, the Desi trim will keep me happy till my poodle grooming exam late next year at least. We'll see from there ;)
I love the desi trim you did, I've been eyeballing Saleen lately trying to figure out what I can do with her hair. It's still pretty soft and puppy like though it's changing. I'm getting bored with what she has and trying to grow it into a modern. I saw a groomer had posted a pictiure of a sweetheart clip on groomers.net and had put little jewels into the parttern line. I kind of liked that one :) I've been considering putting Saleen into a Cont. though since she is going to be doing two or three educational appearances this month thru Feb and it would be nice if at least one of the girls was in a "show clip" no way will Jazz have enough hair by then to put her back in the english saddle :( Stupid me had to go and shave her *smack head* Ugh!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Oh, I saw that sweatheart trim too, it was cute!!! I put Paris into the desi mainly cos I couldn't possibly bring myself to shaving her neck hair!! lol. I don't know if I could shave her leg hair for a continental eventually either, but we'll see! :p

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can completely relate to not wanting clip the crest on the neck short. I had don't done many of them that way until I got my own poodles but now I just have a hard time looking at one without a pretty neck, usualy accomplished with a little extra hair.
When we put Jazz in her fourth of july modified cont. I liked it for about a day and then HATED that she was nooo naked. I didn't dislike the trim and dye job, my friend who did it did a GREAT job on it with pretty much no help from yours truely. Which was the whole point. She didn't have a poodle to play with like that yet and was using Jazz as a creative outlet/practice :) It didnt take long though before I clipped the whole thing down. Which was actualy kind of lucky because I found out I was expecting right after we did that trim lol. I was actualy feeling sick off and on that day and didn't know why.. haha I know why now :p I'm still thinking of putting Saleen in one... we'll see. She really doesn't have enough hair so I'm not sure it would be worth it. It would definitly be a short pet version of the clip :)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts