Poodle Forum banner

super groomer needed!!! desperately!!!

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Pamela 
#1 ·
You won't belive what I did to Teddy. I can't even believe that I did this - I was just going to clean them up a bit and may trim a little off the top knot and face because they are both getting susch long hair. Well, ginger didn't go too bad but Teddy's top know was soooo thick - like a mop and of course they havent been bathed since before the surgery in Jan - so I decided to try and use the clipper LIGHTLY ON THE HEAD - boy was that mistake!!!! Now i had a flat head with fluffy ears - he looked so funny that I decided to cut his ears shorter - needless to say my OCD took over and he now has shaved ears - hardly any top knot and a body with a long coat - so he looks like an ant-eater!!! I am soooo mad at myself! poor Teddy - I wish I could bathe him and clip him down! Waaaaaa! Its my own fault so go ahead and yell at me! boo hoo!

#2 ·
Try to enjoy the ant eater until the poodle re-emerges!

I once had a groomer do a similar job on a dog of mine.

It was the groomer's first day and the boss didn't charge me for it.

LOL.

It did grow back and oddly enough......my husband and kids got a real kick out of the non poodle look!

I like doing the grooming myself after that and am quite careful about clearly communicating to other groomers when I don't!

#4 ·
As everyone kept telling me "It's only fur, it'll grow back". I did a similar thing to T a few months back except I thought I was doing a good job :rofl: I was happily snipping away at his topknot thought it was going well, stood back a few steps and had a look and it was flat :eek: so then I tried to round it up and took a heap off trying which made his head look tiny LOL.

And I've just done it again to his tail, clipping away and he moved and took an extra chunk out of the top so I thought OK I'll just even it up and now he has too much clipped off and I'll have to wait for it to grwo back.

Don't feel bad, Teddy doesn't know and I'm sure we've all done it. "It's only fur, it'll grow back"

#7 ·
Awwwwwwww, On the bright side, it's only hair and it will grow back. Point of fact it probably grows faster than is convient most of the time right :)

I'm sure it isn't THAT bad, at leats it probably looks like you did it on purpose rather than like a five year old took a pair of craft scissor to his head :)

(((hugs))) s'ok

#13 ·
It is always worth having a go, that's how we improve. Everytime I pick up the scissors for T I think 'ohh wonder what sort of mess I'm going to make today" but if I never do it then I'll never get any better and he just has to put up with his Learner Mum. Atleast he wasn't someone elses dog and you had to send him home looking like an anteater :smile: and you didn't cut the dog either so it certainly could have been worse!

#14 ·
*giggles* I've recieved a few of those calls from owners who got annoyed because I didn't have an opening the day the called and they were going to have to wait *gasps* 24 hours. Soooo they decided the heck with me they would just do it themselves, can't be that hard right?? LoL It's always fun to see how the dog looks when they come in for me to try and fix.

I agreew ith Blue, you didn't cut him or razor burn him so it's all good. He probably doesnt even notice :)

#21 ·
You know what I have to agree, he doesn't look bad. The first thought that jumped into my mind was field dog. I actualy did that (on purpose) to two poodles this past friday. It was (kinda) what the owner wanted..... I say Kinda because she wanted them dematted.... she didn't say how :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.