Poodle Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks everyone! I’m starting. To relax and just let it be. I’ll have the groomer to what’s necessary (I trust her a lot she’s fabulous). I have a feeling she can save his neck and topknot well. If not, oh well!!
He’s such a handsome playful pup and that’s all I care about!!!
And yes I think he’s in the middle of a coat change hearing everyone’s experiences with their pups. I didn’t realize they could last so darn long! Just taking it one day at a time!!

thanks for the encouragement y’all!! Makes me feel better knowing you’ve all been there done that!!!:)

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Can I ask a possibly silly question? I must not be googling the correct key words because I have no idea the difference between pom-poms and bracelets. Can someone enlighten me?
Pompoms spelled as one word is used when discussing poodles. Cheerleaders use Pom-poms or Pom poms (two words).

Tails often have a pompom and AKC in their Official Standard of the Poodle refers to the rosettes on the hips of a dog groomed in a Continental as pompoms too.

AKC used the term bracelet for the hind legs and puffs on the forelegs. There is a slight difference in placement, the hind legs have an angle to them while the fore is straight across.

”Continental" - In the "Continental" clip, the face, throat, feet, and base of the tail are shaved. The hindquarters are shaved with pompons (optional) on the hips. The legs are shaved, leaving bracelets on the hindlegs and puffs on the forelegs. There is a pompon on the end of the tail. The entire shaven foot and a portion of the shaven foreleg above the puff are visible.”
Quote from AKC Official Standard of the Poodle.

I think most use use the word pompom for any fluffy area but bracelet would make more sense for legs.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Pompoms spelled as one word is used when discussing poodles. Cheerleaders use Pom-poms or Pom poms (two words).

Tails often have a pompom and AKC in their Official Standard of the Poodle refers to the rosettes on the hips of a dog groomed in a Continental as pompoms too.

AKC used the term bracelet for the hind legs and puffs on the forelegs. There is a slight difference in placement, the hind legs have an angle to them while the fore is straight across.

Quote from AKC Official Standard of the Poodle.

I think most use use the word pompom for any fluffy area but bracelet would make more sense for legs.
Thank you!!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts