Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i would upload a picture of my boy :D
I dont have many pictures of my little girl on my laptop but she has just had her coat cut off and looks amazing so i will get some piccys soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks :D he is my baby, yes we do it ourselfs we have a grooming room for them at our house, we have cut his coat off now and retired him. Its such a lovley picture of him though :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wow...very nice! Just what I imagine in my mind as a perfect white male standard poodle!

I see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...son is almost a mirror image of dad by looking at the pictures!

Very nice!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
n-a-t-a-s-h-a, Your boy is absolutely gorgeous and I too, like MomOfSassafras asked, would love to know how you get his coat so smooth? I can groom for hours and never get my poos coats to look like that. Mine do have a very curly texture to their coats, and know others that aren't as curly. Have heard that curlier coats are harder to smooth out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you section the hair off when you dry her? we have a 'blaster' which blasts the water off and then we have the dryer, we section the coat off and go through it bit by bit brushing it out as we dry, its harder when they have a short coat as you dont have much hair to work with this is probably why your dogs legs are still curly. We also use dark and lovley hair therapy, super conditioning oil sheen, it has a free phone number for the U.S if that helps? (800) 4424643 mon to fri 9-5 eastern time, this is an oliy spray, we use this when we brush them with a dry coat as the coat will knot and its horrid to try and get the knots out with out this stuff, we part the coat, spray where the skin and coat meet and brush down so that the spray absorbes into the coat and helps the knots and any dirt come out, it stops the drag of the coat and makes the dog more comfortable when being brushed dry but this is really only for poodles with a large coat. Its very popular over here with show poodle people :) i hope that helps in some way.
It could also be the types of brushes you are using? we brush ad comb the coat when we dry it, i know it is a pain tho :(

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Do you section the hair off when you dry her? we have a 'blaster' which blasts the water off and then we have the dryer, we section the coat off and go through it bit by bit brushing it out as we dry, its harder when they have a short coat as you dont have much hair to work with this is probably why your dogs legs are still curly. We also use dark and lovley hair therapy, super conditioning oil sheen, it has a free phone number for the U.S if that helps? (800) 4424643 mon to fri 9-5 eastern time, this is an oliy spray, we use this when we brush them with a dry coat as the coat will knot and its horrid to try and get the knots out with out this stuff, we part the coat, spray where the skin and coat meet and brush down so that the spray absorbes into the coat and helps the knots and any dirt come out, it stops the drag of the coat and makes the dog more comfortable when being brushed dry but this is really only for poodles with a large coat. Its very popular over here with show poodle people :) i hope that helps in some way.
It could also be the types of brushes you are using? we brush ad comb the coat when we dry it, i know it is a pain tho :(

I THINK THAT MAY BE HALF MY ISSUE WITH ELI RIGHT NOW. ON THE OTHER BOY I HAD, MIKEY, HIS COAT WAS LONGER AND IT WOULD BLOW OUT PRETTY WELL. ELI IS GROWING OUT NOW BUT STILL FAIRLY SHORT. I THINK I NEED TO INVEST IN A BETTER DRYER AND GROW MORE COAT.

THANKS FOR THE EXTRA INFO.....YOUR DOGS LOOK BEAUTIFUL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts