Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

So first pic, this weather phenomenon is called a sundog, it’s basically a halo around the sun. We get moon dogs too but those are a tiny bit rare.

I am always amazed at how good milo is when he gets his picture taken. Granted I do have treats in my hands but he has never gone on a rock or pose on that boat. do you feel that sometimes your poodle have a wide level of understanding words ? Cause I told him, milo, get on here and tapped on the rock and he was up there in no time. He is getting so good at ignoring stuff since we do have him off leash in a safe environment ie, away from traffic. But isn’t that the cutest “sundog” ever. :)

He is such a poser, photographing him is way easier than photographing young children. Lol

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
LOVE your pictures of Milo! He a very regal looking little guy! Definitely king of his world!

Reactions: asuk

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous photos of Milo. He’s so cute posing away like a professional model.

It’s a combination of your skill, your passion and your communication with Milo as well as practice. I bet you take a lot of photos and given how beautifully composed these are you’ve given some careful thought about all aspects of the photo. That little tap on the rock is all Milo needed to be told to jump up. He’s learned that if he looks up at you and the camera he gets a treat. Subtle body language on your part is giving him cues on how to move. It’s a special talent you have developed with Milo.

Reactions: Mfmst and asuk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Awesome pictures! He is a perfect sun dog. How is the light situation these days? I imagine we will have to see more low light and indoor photography for the winter? I hope to see more pictures!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome pictures! He is a perfect sun dog. How is the light situation these days? I imagine we will have to see more low light and indoor photography for the winter? I hope to see more pictures!
The days are getting shorter for sure, in the dead of winter, we still get 3-4 hours of sunlight so it’s not terrible. Places further north are the ones with 24 hours darkness. I am trying to capture him with the northern lights before it gets too cold to do that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Gorgeous pics! Milo is very photogenic and you're very talented.

Have you had any snow yet? We got quite a bit in Alberta last week.

Reactions: asuk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yep we had snow Sept. 12-14th. Glad to see it go for awhile yet!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts