Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kuzco got his summer haircut yesterday. I took inspiration from @Raindrops and Misha for the groomer (see below - @Raindrops, let me know if you would prefer I link to the thread). Turned out well, though I think Misha pulls it off better 😄 We’re going to the beach in early May, so I wanted easy clean up and less fluff to hold the heat.

I searched for terrier cuts, retriever cuts, and short cuts. Anyone else have short cut (or summer cut) inspiration pics for others out there?

Quick note for other Newbies ☺

*Schedule early for grooms (note to self too 🤷‍♀️😆).

Especially at the beginning of summer. Kuzco’s past groomer, and others previously recommended, were all booked (some for over a month!). Thankfully I ended up with a good one that I may continue to use since she’s closer to my new place. I’m still new to grooming/poodles/Kuzco, so I didn’t know how long I wanted to wait before the next cut and it was getting a little overdue with the scheduling snafu. Hoping to figure it out and start prebooking/getting a regular appt haha.

Misha (aka my constant inspiration 😄)

Kuzco

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That lime green is a revelation! I didn't watch the Oscar's, but I feel like I watched the highlight reel from the red carpet.
Thank you! ☺ I love the bandanas and bows that come with grooming. I agree this one photographs very well with Kuzco’s coat. I’ll have to keep that in mind for future clothing purchases 😁 (how I love Kuzco’s willingness to wear these things!)

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
Reactions: Kuzco

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those poodle feet were made for digging!
YES! Kuz doesn't dig at my house, but he loves digging at my boyfriends. In fact, he dug the morning of his groom 🤦‍♀️ I apologized to the groomer for the muddy paws haha.

the last picture is so goofy that is made me laugh. what a great cut!
That is 100% Kuzco - I see this goofy walk regularly 😆

·
Registered
741 Posts
No matter the haircut, @Raindrops’ Misha is an inspiration! His proper structure and his mom’s grooming skills make him a fantastic poodle model in every look.
I’m loving Kuzco’s new summer haircut, he looks amazing! I kept Lacey in a short retriever style clip when she was going through coat change. She didn’t pull it off quite as nicely. But it definitely elongates the legs and emphasizes a nice trim waistline!

Edit to add, I love the “outtakes pics the most!”

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No matter the haircut, @Raindrops’ Misha is an inspiration! His proper structure and his mom’s grooming skills make him a fantastic poodle model in every look.
I’m loving Kuzco’s new summer haircut, he looks amazing! I kept Lacey in a short retriever style clip when she was going through coat change. She didn’t pull it off quite as nicely. But it definitely elongates the legs and emphasizes a nice trim waistline!

Edit to add, I love the “outtakes pics the most!”
That’s the truth!! Misha is my poodle crush (along with @PeggyTheParti 😍).

Thank you! I love Lacey’s longer ears and top knot! She always looks so sweet and stylish :)

As for the legs - I sent pics to my mom and her response was “He’s all legs!” 😂 I was starting to wonder if he was putting on pounds or fluff though, so it’s good to see it was the latter!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's a time saving utility cut too. No brushing required.
Yes! That’s one of the benefits - along with faster drying and easier clean up when he gets muddy 😂 Kuzco loves his current brush so much that I’ve still been running it over him once a day or so as a type of massage/back scratch though😆

I can’t wait to see Basil’s new hairdo!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts