Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Lincoln got his first summer cut. It is starting to get warm here in California, so I thought it would be the right thing to do. UGH! He looks so skinny! He is only 7 months, so I am assuming he has more filling out to do? He is 60 pounds though, but he sure doesn't look it right now. My husband says he's not taking Lincoln for a walk looking like this :). So, I am attaching some pictures....before and after. Let me know what you guys think and I won't have my feelings hurt- really! :doh: Any advice would be much appreciated- Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I think it was just a shock to you after seeing him fluffy because he is not thin. He is going to fill out a LOT more as he matures. But really...he is not thin at all. I think his clip looks great on him.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!

I think it was just a shock to you after seeing him fluffy because he is not thin. He is going to fill out a LOT more as he matures. But really...he is not thin at all. I think his clip looks great on him.

you are so sweet.... I just can't stop laughing at him. He looks like a cartoon character!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I agree, he looks great! It's just a shock to you because he's gone from being all fluffy to more trimmed down and lean. He doesn't look skinny to me, he looks just as he should. But yes, he will fill out quite a lot over the next year or so.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
lol, it's the legs that are always the killer on poodles, if their legs are done short 9even with poms on the end) then they look much more scrawny! His tail has been shaved way too high too which doesn't help the skinny look... lol!
He's certainly not skinny anyway, if anything he could actually loose a touch on that belly! lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:behindsofa: I know his tail is trimmed up too much. I asked the groomer to do a ball or oval, but I didn't realize she was going to go up higher. Now, I haven't had the patience to let it grow back in there.....

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I think he looks GREAT!! The tail, sure let it grow, but I like how he looks even better like that. 60lbs at 7 months he is FAR from skinny, if anything he has more weight on him then the average spoo, I think. With in a week, you will like the trim I am sure, if not let the legs grow out one length and keep the body shorter. It works on him.:)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I agree with FD and Olie. He is definitely NOT skinny, I think he could stand to lose a few pounds actually, but I also like my dogs on the lean side.

Either way, he looks like he's perfectly content with his new 'do and that's all that really matters! Hair will come and go :)
He's a cutie.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I LOVE that clip on him!!! Mister is sporting the same Miami right now too :)

As for him being thin....he actually appears to be a little chunky lol. I wouldnt worry about him filling out anymore, at 60 pounds im sure he is almost done growing. Mister stopped right around 8 months.

Oh and tell your husband that real men own and walk Spoos ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

Thanks friends- I appreciate the support!! His new collar arrived today. The other one never showed. It it black with blue crystals and silver studs. My husband says I need to go back to work that "I must have too much time on my hands." LOL- I must disagree....with 2 kids, 6 and 1, and a puppy, I am busy enough! I just take good care of them and make sure they ALL look good too! :)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He looks good in the Miami clip. I really like the picture with his nose. Of course, I think the one with your son and Lincoln is just priceless.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Betty-Jo and Jenny's former groomer made an awful mess of Jenny's tail too. Left about two inches at the very end fluffy. It had grown out considerably, but by the time I put the line where it should be it looked ridiculous, so we just scissored it off into a bulrush so it can all grow out even at the same time.

·
Registered
440 Posts
he looks adorable! good coverage on the bracelets, I think you should make them a little more 'round' on the top and bottom- they hang down the way they are right now, just clip the fur a little shorter at the top of the bracelet so its a little fluffier!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys!!

he looks adorable! good coverage on the bracelets, I think you should make them a little more 'round' on the top and bottom- they hang down the way they are right now, just clip the fur a little shorter at the top of the bracelet so its a little fluffier!
He still has his puppy coat, so I am not sure how much fluffier I can get the bracelets. His coat is so soft it tends to fall down with time. Thanks so much for all the comments. Love hearing from "the experts"......:)

·
Registered
440 Posts
haha, I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I have seen some of the tricks- you have to cut the very top of the bracelet hair shorter, that way it doesn't fall down flat- it stays up and therefore fluffier on the top! :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts