Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a puppy carrier bag. I walk to and from work (20 minutes each way) and pup will be coming with me, so I need something to carry him in before he's had all his shots. I've thought of something like an over the shoulder wicker type bag maybe, but wanted to put it out there in case anyone else has any ideas. I'm not necessarily needing a bag designed for dogs, but something a pretty small puppy could sit in and have his head poking out of.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny you posted that, I found something like it on Kijiji. Dog Carrier - Toronto Pet Accessories - Kijiji Toronto

I don't want to feel embarassed walking down the street. Some of the things I have seen are definitely not for me. But a simple bag with a head cut out would be fine, and it's only for when he's really little. :)

I actually quite like this one, but I'm not going to pay $100 for it! I wonder if I could somehow create something like that? Hmmm... The Little Windup Pup :: For your fashion conscious pup our Canadian online store for little dogs offers luxury pet products of distinction.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
My daughter has great bags for this. She has a cute wicker and fabric bag that Aoki can sit in, with her head out!

You could always treat yourself to a nice trendy coach bag that fits small dogs perfectly!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I bet you could make that one CD
just cut the little head hole out of a cheap wicker bag and line it and hem around the cut so that it doesn't fray :D easy!
and I bet that little black head sticking out of that bag would look super cute too xD

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't remember who, I think it was Spencer or Marian, who said they liked the Outward Hound Sling Go they got. I would like to have one for Zulee. She gets heavy if I try to hold her too long. I can take her into all sorts of places as long as they don't have food.

Amazon.com: Outward Hound Sling-Go - Green: Kitchen & Dining
Hmm, that does look good! Hopefully whoever it was can hop on and let us know their thoughts. :) My only concern would be it bouncing against my leg as I walked... Maybe the strap is adjustable so it can be higher up than as shown on the model?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I bet Marian would be the source to ask for this one... she said that she takes Teddy nearly everywhere, and I bet she's got some cute purse that he just hangs out in.

Our local boutique has some really cute ones (over the shoulder) that look like just regular purses (but are soft and cottony). I would link to them, but for some reason they don't have them on their website. Would be super easy to make, I'll look for a picture of something similar!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Yeah, the Outward Hound Sling-Go is my favorite. I have a black one and it looks like my other black shoulder bag. It has a wide strap, so it's pretty comfortable.

I also bought the kind that fits kind of like a back-pack, but on the front. Mine doesn't have leg holes and I don't really like using it because if I'm shopping, the dog is always in the way. Plus, it hurts my back if I carry him in it for too long. He weighs 12.6 pounds now.

As for closed bag carriers, I like the Bergan Comfort Carrier because it sits close to your body, but still allows the dog plenty of room and comfort. I had a Sherpa bag, but it's square and awkward for walking through crowds of people. It was also heavier than the Bergan. I think Ted has outgrown the Sherpa bag by now anyway.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Donna Sharp Gretta Bag Lincoln Star- eBags.com

I do not know if you like this style at all (patchwork) , but she has a ton off different styles, sizes and colors (from flowery pastels to something as above attached), and almost all are washable - I think it would be practical with very young puppy :)

They are also so soft : ))) Just go to her main site : Donna Sharp Handbags

Hope I was of any help

·
Registered
752 Posts
The Outward Hound sling is definitely my favorite too for carrying Cosita in when I need to. She really relaxes in it, I think because she's so close to me, and because she can lay in a normal, comfortable position. I like it because the strap is wide, and it's adjustable. I typically wear it pretty high and then slip the strap down a little, over both shoulders. Cosita weighs around 15 lbs, so she gets pretty heavy pretty quickly. Here's a picture of us (definitely not attractive at all of either of us, but just look at the bag, OK??) manning a Therapy Animal booth at an animal expo around 6 years ago. I have another one, but I rarely use it because it hurts my shoulders, and Cosita can't lay down in it, so she's not as relaxed.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the suggestions! I decided to get the Outward Hound sling. I figured once my pup grows out of it, my parents can use it for their new puppy. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts