Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poppy goes for her first try for CGC tomorrow night. She is almost 10 months old and while I am mainly taking the test for experience and to see what we need to work on, I would be elated if she passed. She is in heat and we will be one of the last to test, hopefully I can see a few others testing to see exactly what to expect. I am very greatful that the teacher will let her test while in heat.

I have looked over the testing info on the ACK website, but what advice/pointers can you give me?

thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Zulu just passed hers, i was kinda in the same boat as you experience but hoping she passed, her biggest issue was the walk, with distractions (they combined them in our test, i just didn't have her attention, so that would be one pointer, if you keep her attention on you it will help. oh and Have Fun!!! And GOOD LUCK, we'll all have our fingures crossed for you guys!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Jackson just went in for his and passed with flying colors. I was most concerned that he would not stay when I left his side. But he did great. He was looking at me the whole time and I could tell he was just a little nervous. But he waited patiently for me to return and when we did the stay/recall he was thrilled to come running straight to me.

Try to maintain your own calmness. It will rub off on her. I also gave him a little party after each successfully completed task to help make it seem more like a game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts