Poodle Forum banner

Success with the clippers!

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Asta's Mom 
#1 ·
We've taken the past couple of days to slooooooooowly take a few swipes at feet and face.

Treats. Plenty of breaks. But persistence so she doesn't learn that she runs the show 😜.

My goal isn't perfection but rather to teach her that this will be how it goes for the rest of her life. I'm hoping to do most of the grooming myself for financial reasons (I bought a Wahl Bravura and the metal attachments before she came home).

A little before and after of her mug. (It wasn't ridiculously overgrown before, to be sure, but I knew it would be a process and I'd rather start early).
Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn
Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

See less See more
#7 ·
Good job! Puppies faces are a challenge!
I did all the grooming for my first spoo (adopted as an adult) and thought I could handle it with a new puppy. I underestimated his squirminess and despite repeated sessions on the table with brushes, treats, and the sound of clippers, we never managed a face shave. I'm just too afraid of putting clippers into his ever-moving eyeballs...
Ended up taking him to a friend who grooms professionally to get him fully cleaned up. Apparently he behaved beautifully for her, so I'm the one who needs training. lol

#9 ·
Good job! Puppies faces are a challenge!
I did all the grooming for my first spoo (adopted as an adult) and thought I could handle it with a new puppy. I underestimated his squirminess and despite repeated sessions on the table with brushes, treats, and the sound of clippers, we never managed a face shave. I'm just too afraid of putting clippers into his ever-moving eyeballs...
Ended up taking him to a friend who grooms professionally to get him fully cleaned up. Apparently he behaved beautifully for her, so I'm the one who needs training. lol
"Ever moving eyeballs" 😂 YUP!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.