Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal? After she is done her tail bobs up and down 3-4 times...if you can imagine an old-fashioned water pump.

I don't remember my childhood dog ever doing this. Is this a typical behavior?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Seems normal to me as long as sometimes coming out after or before that....not like she's straining to poop like shes constipated...might also be expressing her glands when shes doing this.

·
Registered
229 Posts
LOL! Both of my girls do this. I think it's completely normal. Cricket does it at the end of her poo, but Clover does it pretty much the whole time.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Just pinching it off!
I also think that is the reason. Rectal muscles work harder at the end to "clean"
off the rectum and stop defecation and tail movement is just side-effect of movement of those muscles .

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I've seen Vegas do this a couple times! And my friends three female standards always quiver their tails when they pee, too!

·
Registered
562 Posts
My Chihuahua Gracie almost lifts her hind end clean off the ground when she's pooping....must be pushing hard lol. My females will also lift up one hind leg when they pee...the 15 y/o has done it her whole life lol. Oh and Mister squats, he has only lifted his leg to pee twice that ive seen, poor boy isnt a man lol.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Mine do it. My moms border collie does it. That's how you tell where she is in the dark. You can see the white tip bouncing up and down. Lol.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts