Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always like reading about those extra ordinary factoids that I have no idea why they even "tests" things,

Heres one:

The average person blinks 16,000 times a day!

I heard it on the radio this morning on our way to the Vet for rabbies shots.:)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Animals that lay eggs don’t have belly buttons.

Mosquitoes are attracted to people who just ate bananas.

All porcupines float in water.

A ball of glass will bounce higher then a ball of rubber.

If you keep a goldfish in a dark room it will eventually turn white.

The lifespan of a taste bud is 10 days.

No piece of paper can be folded more then seven times.

About 18 percent of animal owners share their bed with their pet.

The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LMAO! Having Sex daily will cause you to look 12 years younger.......:)

Housewives of New York!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the only living relative to an elephant
Wow - what is it?

I learned this one years ago. It takes 37 muscles to frown and 22 to smile. Not sure I believe this one I think the numbers change lol - but the point is....:)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off - it dies from starvation!

It was once against the law to have a pet dog in a city in Iceland!

A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I also LOVE watching myth busters, cos I like the 'whys' of weird facts too! lol

One I loved was that the whole thing about pirates wearing eye patches is actually a useful tool for when living 24/7 on an old fashioned boat and nothing to do with missing eyes in sword fights! When going below deck they'd switch the eye patch over to uncover their eye that had been covered up (and therefore already accustomed to the dark) and be able to see in the dark depths of the ship rather than sit around for 10-20 mins waiting for their eyes to adjust to the dark!!! TOTALLY useless fact, but still Awesomeness. haha

·
Registered
875 Posts
i also love watching myth busters, cos i like the 'whys' of weird facts too! Lol

one i loved was that the whole thing about pirates wearing eye patches is actually a useful tool for when living 24/7 on an old fashioned boat and nothing to do with missing eyes in sword fights! When going below deck they'd switch the eye patch over to uncover their eye that had been covered up (and therefore already accustomed to the dark) and be able to see in the dark depths of the ship rather than sit around for 10-20 mins waiting for their eyes to adjust to the dark!!! Totally useless fact, but still awesomeness. Haha
yaaaargh!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Wow - what is it?

I learned this one years ago. It takes 37 muscles to frown and 22 to smile. Not sure I believe this one I think the numbers change lol - but the point is....:)
OOpps I forgot to put the name its called a Hyrax I learned this from years of watching Discovery , Animal planet , and nat geo lol

Here is another one for you ( from my class)

Cows make about 40 gallons of saliva a day :wacko:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts