Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vegas's breath has always been.. well, normal and non smelly. My boxers breath has NEVER been offensive. Within the last day Vegas's breath has started to REEK! He's still teething, and even starting to grow in his adult top canines right now.

To be frank.. his breath smells like used pads.. >_> like stale blood. Gross, I know, I'm sorry. I've never had a puppy, so I've never done the teething thing before, is this a normal smell for teething?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well, if he doesn't swallow the teeth, you'll be finding bloody little teeth all over, and the first time I had a puppy, I ran her to the vet and told the vet there was something wrong with her because her mouth was bleeding all over and she was losing teeth left and right. He laughed at me, and told me it was normal and to give her more bones to chew on. I found a minty nylabone that helped cover the nasty blood smell, and then brush his teeth too and it should help. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Ugh, I hear you. Jager is going through this. Thank goodness, I think he's almost done and his breath is getting back to normal. At one point, he lost a ton of teeth at once and was simultaneously cutting a bunch of teeth at once and his breath just stank! Eww! I would never say it too my husband (he would just die), but your analogy of used pads is right on... lol!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Blood gets trapped along with food under the loose teeth. Search out a post I made for the exact same thing and said the same thing, smelled like blood. It goes away when the teething stops. Just be sure that there isn't a tooth stuck.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yeah, I posted the same thing a while back. It's really horrible isn't it?! Unfortunately it lasts a while. Jasper's is starting to get better now that he's lost most of his teeth. Thank goodness!!

Oddly enough, since Jas is a spitter, I found nearly every tooth he lost. Usually by stepping on it, ouch!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts