Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im happy to say that Sting took Best of Breed puppy in both UKC show's here in Modesto today. Sting won over 3 other Poodle puppies in the first show and 2 other Poodle puppies in the second show. Im obviously a very proud momma to say the least and I couldn't of asked for a better day. Sting seemed like a natural moving around the ring.

I should have a win pic in the next few days. I was able to meet Susan Cook today and spend the day with her Poodle crew. Everyone was super nice and friendly...great people!!!! Oh, and I met Val, Stings daddy in person....what a beautiful boy! If you can't tell, Im one happy Spoo mom ! lol

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sting waiting to show

Here are a few pics I took before the show. Sting was hanging out in the puppy pin Susan set up for the puppies. He wasn't sure about all this show stuff in the AM as you can tell in the pics. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Jenn, congratulations to both you and Sting. Sure wish we had known about the show, would have loved to come and watch. Have never been to any type of dog show, only horse shows. Where in Modesto was this show? Again congrats, bet you are very proud.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hey I went to a show yesterday to as a bystander WOW is all I can say. Not my cup of tea. I had a blast but wow the politics the snottines. Lets just say I would rather have a pet and a tea party with friends LOL.

Congrats on your wins. Very exciting Hope you kept the ribbons for his book.

My friend breeds collies and she won for her male puppy as well.
My boss does Irish setters and her puppy didn't win but her older male did so they had to stay late for the BIS? I think it is.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jenn, congratulations to both you and Sting. Sure wish we had known about the show, would have loved to come and watch. Have never been to any type of dog show, only horse shows. Where in Modesto was this show? Again congrats, bet you are very proud.
OMG....I can't believe I forgot to say something to you. I was so nervous about this first show believe it or not. Did I clip him good enough, are the kids too sick, hubby can't go, etc. I just put in a call to your hubby and I hope you get to check it out. Its UKC so its very casual .... just a park setting so bring the lawn chairs out.

I can't go today because both boys are sick and hubby has to work. You'll have a blaste hanging out and chatting with the Poodle gang. Great company and beautiful Poodles....cant beat that!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Congrats Jenn I just emailed susan and she said she was off to the show. That is really cool that you got to meet her and Val.

I wish Modesto was closer we would have entered Enzo

·
Registered
912 Posts
Congratulations. Fantastic win, I can just imagine how proud you are :smile: Look foward to hearing and seeing more of Sting in the show ring.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Ah, Congrats Jen. Glad to hear that!! (((hugs))) to sting from Jazz and Saleen!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone! I did take a few pics of Sting stacked on a table after the second show. Its not with either of the judges, just me and Sting and Im attempting to hold his Best Puppy ribbon. lol (it was windy)

Susan Cook is sweet....she's going to post it on her site too. Sting made his grandma's proud.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats Jenn I just emailed susan and she said she was off to the show. That is really cool that you got to meet her and Val.

I wish Modesto was closer we would have entered Enzo
Don't you have any UKC show's coming up? They should begin starting up now that winter's about gone. You should enter him and get him out there if you want to show. Just keep working with him and go out there and enter him UKC to start. You'll have fun!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Don't you have any UKC show's coming up? They should begin starting up now that winter's about gone. You should enter him and get him out there if you want to show. Just keep working with him and go out there and enter him UKC to start. You'll have fun!
Yeah but they are still far , I will probably be taking him to the santa barbara show. I will see if I can get to oceanside and San diego ( doubt that lol) His first AKC show will be april 18th only 25 mins away so that on is super close. I would have gone to the modesto if I had a car that would make it that far lol. This is my main priority right now upgrading my car so I can drive in CA, NV, and AZ :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
That is really great. I went to a dog show this weekend too. I was showing hubby the "puppy cut" vs. the traditional cut (can't think of the name). Hubby wasn't a fan of the traditional cut! :)
There was an adorable 7 month old brown girl there (not showing). She was so cute - she just laid by her person and watched the show.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts