Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apartment complex has decided that it is a good idea to spray diluted bleach on the laws and it leaves bealch crystals behind. I don't walk Sisko there anymore, and if I do I clean his feet off. I feel like they shouldn't be spraying it either.

·
Premium Member
23,797 Posts
Good way to kill the lawn I think. Don't use any water to clean Sisko's feet to clean since it will dissolve the bleach and possibly give him a burn. Us a dry paper towel.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why on earth are they sprinkling bleach crystals around? Are they trying to kill their landscaping?
it turns into crystals after they spray it. I guess so😒. I want to see if I can call someone and see if they could do something about it. It's not a good idea to talk to the office it self about it.
Good way to kill the lawn I think. Don't use any water to clean Sisko's feet to clean since it will dissolve the bleach and possibly give him a burn. Us a dry paper towel.
Yeah, it doesn't look to good where they sprayed it. Okay, thank you. Use a dry paper towel to wipe off the crystals?

·
Super Moderator
2,053 Posts
I assume they are bleaching everything in a misguided effort to kill corona viruses. Not really needed: sunlight and porus natural surfaces will neutralize the virus fine.

Bleach tends to be most reactive in liquid form. Therefore you want to keep the crystals from getting wet. Keep them away from his damp nose and mouth, and keep his feet dry. Maybe even use sled dog booties if you have to cross the lawn.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assume they are bleaching everything in a misguided effort to kill corona viruses. Not really needed: sunlight and porus natural surfaces will neutralize the virus fine.

Bleach tends to be most reactive in liquid form. Therefore you want to keep the crystals from getting wet. Keep them away from his damp nose and mouth, and keep his feet dry. Maybe even use sled dog booties if you have to cross the lawn.
Yeah! They're trying to kill the weeds. What a great way of doing it😒.

Okay, thank you! I can get those sleds dog booties, but I will also just stay away from those spots from now on.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Apartment complexes that allow dogs sometimes just do really dumb stuff. When I lived in one, they never informed us that they were going to spray the lawn. Multiple times I took Miracle outside, and the caution flag was nowhere in sight. I only knew something was different because my nose started burning.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Bleach crystals... On lawns... That's a new one. I wonder how they'll react once everything is dead? And yeah, it might be best to just put on the sled dog booties for now, and wipe with a dry towel as needed. Hopefully very soon they'll realize what a weird idea this is.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh that is just awful!! The toxic overload was my least favourite part of living in places with common areas. I'm sorry. :( You could rally the support of fellow pet owners, or even people with kids in your building. There's power in numbers, especially when it comes to that sort of thing.
Yeah! I think it is my least favorite thing too, but it shouldn't even be happening, and should be banned. Thank you. I don't run into a lot of people here since covid-19, but if I see anyone who has animals or kids I will ask if I will tell them.
Apartment complexes that allow dogs sometimes just do really dumb stuff. When I lived in one, they never informed us that they were going to spray the lawn. Multiple times I took Miracle outside, and the caution flag was nowhere in sight. I only knew something was different because my nose started burning.
It's the same here. I'm sorry that that happened to you guys. That is really messed up. It shouldn't even be allowed.
Bleach crystals... On lawns... That's a new one. I wonder how they'll react once everything is dead? And yeah, it might be best to just put on the sled dog booties for now, and wipe with a dry towel as needed. Hopefully very soon they'll realize what a weird idea this is.
That is what I'm wondering too! Okay. I hope so too. What were they thinking? The spot where they spray close to has a drain, so where does that bleach water end up???

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Maybe even use sled dog booties if you have to cross the lawn.
Dog boots would be great protection. You may avoid the obvious areas but other people walking on the lawn and the wind may move a few bleach crystals onto the sidewalk or areas you wouldn't expect.

I'd be concerned for even one bleach crystal getting buried between his paw pads.

That's a horrible situation to be in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts