Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So we have had a crazy last few years and now things are about to settle down. Sperry, our Standard, has just turned four and we're at the point where we want to add another poodle to our family later this year. Hoping for sometime September-December.

We want a mini this time and hoping for these attributes: Average or larger in size; not looking for a small mini. Medium energy - will be a companion, but playful and active enough to hike and hopefully a good retriever. We do like to spend an occasional day on the couch so shouldn't be too super drivey. Color: Basically anything except white or cream. Favorites are silver, brown, but not really picky. Priority is a breeder who does FULL health testing. Also looking for conformation titles, other titles are a bonus.

We live in the Seattle area but are willing to ship or potentially travel for the right puppy. We have contacted Kamann, Farthing, Kallista, Ash's Mystical, Karbit, and Horizon (Horizon stands out to me but distance is the factor there). Do you have any feedback on any of these, or suggestions that I may have missed? Thanks very much! Sperry says hi :)

·
Super Moderator
5,313 Posts
I still think about the boy we almost got from Kamann. Absolutely gorgeous. One of the most beautiful poodles I've ever seen.

That's who I would personally start with if we decided to add a second dog to our household. I would also plan ahead like you are, rather than rushing the process.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still think about the boy we almost got from Kamann. Absolutely gorgeous. One of the most beautiful poodles I've ever seen.

That's who I would personally start with if we decided to add a second dog to our household. I would also plan ahead like you are, rather than rushing the process.

Good luck!!
Thank you, Peggy! I think we will get to visit and meet some of her dogs, so I'm pretty excited about that. I am definitely a planner and I like a project and doing research. So I'm looking to narrow down my list soon and then have some longer conversations about plans for later in the year. I would rather wait for a litter from someone I trust than try to scramble when the time is right. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I know Farthing has one female on the larger size, black. I'm not sure if she will be bred this year, but you could ask. She has a sweet, friendly temperament that I found quite charming. I'm reaching deep into the memory banks here, but I believe her name was Kendra.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know Farthing has one female on the larger size, black. I'm not sure if she will be bred this year, but you could ask. She has a sweet, friendly temperament that I found quite charming. I'm reaching deep into the memory banks here, but I believe her name was Kendra.
Thanks! I have had some conversation with Christine and she said she's pretty sure she will have a litter of minis later this year. I don't know yet who the parents will be. Kendra sounds really nice. Sounds like I will get to meet with them soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts