Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am in Southern California and I am looking for a standard Red Poodle breeder. I am having a difficult time finding a breeder and have even looked at some out of state breeders but mostly have silver, black, brown but not red. I am not sure if that is a more difficult color to find. I am new to the Poodle world, if anyone can please help, please do! Appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
7,249 Posts
Welcome!

Red is a rare poodle colour, and well-bred poodle puppies in general are very hard to find right now due to high covid-related demand.

Here would be a good place to start:

And here is another great resource:

Since red is so “hot” right now, and covid has brought a significant increase in scams and unscrupulous breeders, I advise extra caution. We’re always here to help answer questions.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You might also want to contact the poodle clubs.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Poodle Puppies Near Me | Standard Poodle Breeder | United States here in Washington. Elana's pretty good about texting back. Puppy's grow up in a cute clean multigenerational house with goats and chickens. Check them out. My Basil's on the home page :)
I was looking at the webpage, and I'm wondering if you can answer a question about them. They don't mention OFA testing on the webpage, and I can't find their kennel listed on OFA. Did you happen to get info on OFA testing for their dogs? I know some breeders don't always post the info but are happy to provide the documentation.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I was looking at the webpage, and I'm wondering if you can answer a question about them. They don't mention OFA testing on the webpage, and I can't find their kennel listed on OFA. Did you happen to get info on OFA testing for their dogs? I know some breeders don't always post the info but are happy to provide the documentation.
This is what I received:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Thank you! Looks like they may not do hip testing, and I would strongly suggest (if the OP contacts them) that they question them about this to check for OFA or pennhip results as hip dysplasia is a serious concern in large breed dogs. Basil is certainly a lovely spoo and looks great in that photo!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Cinfully Sweet Standards are in Northern California and seem to have CHIC numbers for all of their dogs. Might be worth contacting them to get some more information.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A friend got a red standard from a woman in San Diego whose kennel is called BPoodles. I don't know anything about her as a breeder though so I can't vouch for her.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello, I am in Southern California and I am looking for a standard Red Poodle breeder. I am having a difficult time finding a breeder and have even looked at some out of state breeders but mostly have silver, black, brown but not red. I am not sure if that is a more difficult color to find. I am new to the Poodle world, if anyone can please help, please do! Appreciate it.
haha we are competitors. I am in north California and I am looking for a red too :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
ash's mythical has a litter of red poodles but females only. She does very thorough testing and gives a life-time genetic health guarantee. also she is very close. I didn't go with her because I still want a male puppy. If you don't care about gender. I would highly recommend her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ash's mythical has a litter of red poodles but females only. She does very thorough testing and gives a life-time genetic health guarantee. also she is very close. I didn't go with her because I still want a male puppy. If you don't care about gender. I would highly recommend her.
How do I get in contact? Thank you so much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You might also want to contact the poodle clubs.

Thank you for all of your help. I have contacted the recommended breeders on their lists!

·
Registered
27 Posts
B Poodles near San Diego breeds red standards. BPoodles Parti Poodles - Standard Poodle Puppies For Sale
They had a litter in June 2020. They also breed Parti and silver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts