Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the forum. I lost my standard poodle at 12-years old to cancer in September . I’ve been looking for about a month now. My breeder it’s not having any litters at this time. I researched for years before I found her. I am looking for a black or a white standard male. If anyone can recommend breeders. I never dreamed it would be so difficult. I’m in NY but would travel to the surrounding states. Thank you
View attachment 472987

·
Registered
Luna
30 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry to hear you lost your dear spoo. I don't have any breeder recommendations to offer but I can tell you that due to the extreme high demand for puppies, breeders of all breeds all across the country are getting bombarded daily with puppy requests and either have long waitlist of several months or more if you are very specific in what you want. Many are no longer taking wait lists because the demand is just too great. My personal breeder (not spoos) whom is also my mentor and I chat with several times a month told me she gets dozens of people asking for puppies every week. She can cherry pick the very best homes when she has a litter available. If you are still very happy with your breeder I'd suggest getting on her list. If she especially likes you she may give priority to you as a past customer and this may well be the best option to get your new fur baby sooner than later. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry to hear you lost your dear spoo. I don't have any breeder recommendations to offer but I can tell you that due to the extreme high demand for puppies, breeders of all breeds all across the country are getting bombarded daily with puppy requests and either have long waitlist of several months or more if you are very specific in what you want. Many are no longer taking wait lists because the demand is just too great. My personal breeder (not spoos) whom is also my mentor and I chat with several times a month told me she gets dozens of people asking for puppies every week. She can cherry pick the very best homes when she has a litter available. If you are still very happy with your breeder I'd suggest getting on her list. If she especially likes you she may give priority to you as a past customer and this may well be the best option to get your new fur baby sooner than later. Good luck in your search!
Is this due to covid in some way? Like everyone wants a “quarantine dog?”

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am new to the forum. I lost my standard poodle at 12-years old to cancer in September . I’ve been looking for about a month now. My breeder it’s not having any litters at this time. I researched for years before I found her. I am looking for a black or a white standard male. If anyone can recommend breeders. I never dreamed it would be so difficult. I’m in NY but would travel to the surrounding states. Thank you
View attachment 472987
I am also new to the Forum. We adopted a red Standard Poodle a couple of months ago from a breeder in Wisconsin (where we live) she breeds a lot but is NOT a puppy mill. We've been very happy with our little Autumn. Oak hill Standard Poodle Farm in Portage, WI Parti, Brindle, Tri-Color, Red and Phantom Standard Poodle Puppies For Sale

View attachment 472987

1 - 4 of 4 Posts