Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am Kate, and in a couple weeks I'll be bringing home a white standard poodle puppy...very excited! We already have an eight year old yellow lab, Sam.

anyway, just wanted to introduce myself!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Welcome! This is a very friendly and helpful place for poodle owners/lovers! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new furbaby!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Does your name imply that you are a knitter of sweaters, hats and scarves?
If you are, you should learn to knit standard poodle sweaters....they are rarer than hen's teeth. I want to welcome you and you new puppy.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha ha! Yes I most certainly do knit those things... I have yet to make a dog sweater... I have a half made people sweater in my bag of tricks though!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
a long time ago, I had an old lady try her hand at making me a dog sweater. She had no knowledge of dog bodies and where the armholes should be, etc. But it was a valient effort and I have always loved it.....it was a cream fishermans sweater with a huge thick braid or knotted cable down the center of the back. I am putting in my order for you to make me one for my silver standard boy. Nice to meet ya.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Congratulations one the new puppy. It will be sooo exciting to bring it home :) I didnt have time to be too excited about mine.. i found him for sale one day and picked him up the next.. it WAS an exciting 4 hr drive to get him though and a REALLY exciting drive home with this big 4 month old boy on my lap LOL! I almost got a white puppy...went to pick up a cream puppy and ended up with black.. my usual... I always have black dogs ( and horses) for some reason...Cant wait to hear more and see pictures..

Wish i could knit! my favorite thing I had that was knitted was a cute hat knitted out of Pekingese ( my long time show breed) hair :) I gave it to my Daughter because she loved it.

Sherry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts