Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, based on my poodles current weight how big do you think he will be fully grown?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Mine was about the same, if i remember around 9 weeks he was a bit over 9 lbs. At a year he was 56 lbs and I thought the would be it however during year 2 he has gone to 68 lbs and is not fat.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Bobby was 8 pounds at 9 weeks. He is now almost 2 years and 54 pounds. He has been the same weight and height for the last 9 months.

·
Super Moderator
6,330 Posts
Peggy was 10.8 lbs at 9 weeks. (So much depends on height and bone structure. In Peggy's case, she wasn't digesting the breeder's kibble and was quite underweight.)

At 10 weeks she was up to a healthy 13.2 lbs.

She's currently 45.8 lbs at 1 year 4 months.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies!
I realised height is a more accurate measure. I will try to keep him still long enough to check :)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I refer to this chart whenever the topic of puppy growth comes up. Scroll down for standards:

I dont hold a lot of stock in the size charts for poodles out there but I have gotten so many requests for them I decided to post some of the better ones here. Remember though, there are NO weight restrictions on poodles only height so really weight doesnt have a lot to do with the poodle.Toys are 10 inches in height and under.Miniatures are over 10 inches to 15 inches.Standards are over 15 inches. This by the breed standards for both AKC and UKC. NOTE: A poodles height is measured from the ground up to the top of the withers (shoulder blades).

HEIGHT CHART FOR TOY POODLES

AGE IN WEEKSHEIGHT IN INCHES
5 WEEKS5 INCHES

8 WEEKS

6 INCHES
12 WEEKS
7 INCHES
16 WEEKS
8 INCHES

20 WEEKS

9 INCHES

24 WEEKS

10 INCHES

Toy poodles are usually finished growing in height at 6-7 months although it may take them a bit longer to fill out.

Here is another height chart for toy poodles.

AGE IN WEEKSHEIGHT IN INCHES
8 WEEKS5 3/4 INCHES
12 WEEKS6 3/4 INCHES
6 MONTHS9 3/4 INCHES

HEIGHT CHART FOR MINIATURE POODLES

AGE IN MONTHSHEIGHT IN INCHES
8 WEEKS8 - 8.5 INCHES
3 MONTHS10 - 10.5 INCHES
4 MONTHS11 - 11.5 INCHES
6 MONTHS13.5 - 14 INCHES

Some miniature poodles will take up to 12 months to finish growing. Some will finish growing in height around 6-7 months but may take a bit longer to fill out.

HEIGHT CHART FOR STANDARD POODLES

AGE IN MONTHSHEIGHT IN INCHES
8 WEEKS12 - 13 INCHES
3 MONTHS14 INCHES
4 MONTHS18-19 INCHES
6 MONTHS21+ INCHES
FULL GROWN (USUALLY 24 MONTHS)24-27 INCHES

Standard poodles can take up to 2 years to finish growing and filling out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts