Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! We got an apricot standard poodle from a breeder in Inverness, FL about 4 years ago. We know the mom was black and the Dad was apricot. We have pictures of the liter and of the parents but we can’t find the actual breeders information! ?. We are looking to add another standard to our family and would love to use these same breeders, as our dog is the absolute best! Would anyone happen to have any information that could help us??

·
Premium Member
9,702 Posts
Did your breeder supply you with an AKC registration form? If not, I would look for another breeder in Florida. Best wishes in finding another awesome poodle!

·
Premium Member
5,614 Posts
i tend to agree with mfmst, but you can google to try and find the breeder you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
You could try contacting other standard poodle breeders in that area, to see if they might know who you're looking for.

You could also try contacting Poodle Clubs in your area. Looking up Inverness, it appears the Orlando Poodle Club is in the general area and could be a helpful source.

Orlando Poodle Club, Orlando, Florida

Good luck in your search!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Do you have AKC papers on your dog? If you do, you can possibly get his pedigree that will list the breeder of your dog's dam and sire. Every dog registered will have a registration # which you can use for researching.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
The Orlando poodle club has some decent breeders. Poodle clubs in general have much more rigorous health testing than other breed clubs. I think it depends a lot on the popularity of the breed. The more popular the breed, the more rigorous the requirement. But yeah Orlando poodle club classified has some great breeders but it will take some waiting to get one from great parents. Although one thing to note is titles isn’t everything. Good structure, health testing, and titles does not guarantee a perfect poodle. The truth of the matter is many show quality dogs are seriously inbred in order to get those conformation titles. Take a look at the parents pedigree before you put down the deposit on the dog. Many times how they are at shows is different than how they are outside of a controlled/ rehearsed environment. How closely line bred are they? Is the grand dad the same one for both parents? How many times do you see the same dog appear on the pedigree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi welcome! I wish I could help. I know I LOVE the breeder I got my SPoo from. His dad was marbled with black/grey and his mom was white/chocolate! Just gorgeous and the whole litter was just gorgeous colors! If I ever want another one, I will be going back to her!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts