Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located in North Carolina looking for a quality breeder. Have searched the forum and directories but haven’t found much within a reasonable distance, and many breeders websites are out of date. I will travel further if necessary for a good breeder. Important to me the parents are close to the standard. I plan on doing obedience, scentwork, and more. Thanks

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
There are a number of great spoo breeders in NC. The folks I'd reach out to are:
  • Chris Manelopoulos at Tarquin Kennels in the Piedmont, and
  • Gloria Ogdahl at Tintlet Poodles in Western NC.
Gloria has a litter planned, I'm not sure about Chris. Both will help connect you to a quality breeder.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My breeder (Calisun) is in S. Carolina (Greenville) so not too far from you. I've got 2 girls from her and highly recommend her. She has lovely dogs (primarily in black or blue, sometimes does have cream or white), does all health testing, socializes the litters very well and does temperament testing to make sure each pup is matched with the appropriate owner. I specifically asked for the best performance prospect in each litter I got a puppy from as that is what I do with my dogs (agility, rally, obedience, barn hunt). I also did a herding instinct test on my older one as well as lure coursed her with a local sighthound club before there was FAST CAT, etc. that there is now. We also certified as a therapy dog and did visits with Alzheimer's patients for a time. The older one is coming up on 90 titles and the younger one is at 35. I know her website is not up to date, but if you are interested and wanted to "talk" with her, feel free to reach out on the phone or email listed in the "Contact Us" section on her website. Tell her Fallon and Aven's "Mom" recommended her LOL.....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
many breeders websites are out of date.
Don't let that stop you from contacting a breeder on the list. It's not unusual for breeder's to focus on their dogs rather than their website. Many have been breeding for years but aren't necessarily tech savvy.

Ask them about their breeding program and what they think is most important in health testing and sit back :).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't let that stop you from contacting a breeder on the list. It's not unusual for breeder's to focus on their dogs rather than their website. Many have been breeding for years but aren't necessarily tech savvy.

Ask them about their breeding program and what they think is most important in health testing and sit back :).
My breeder (Calisun) is in S. Carolina (Greenville) so not too far from you. I've got 2 girls from her and highly recommend her. She has lovely dogs (primarily in black or blue, sometimes does have cream or white), does all health testing, socializes the litters very well and does temperament testing to make sure each pup is matched with the appropriate owner. I specifically asked for the best performance prospect in each litter I got a puppy from as that is what I do with my dogs (agility, rally, obedience, barn hunt). I also did a herding instinct test on my older one as well as lure coursed her with a local sighthound club before there was FAST CAT, etc. that there is now. We also certified as a therapy dog and did visits with Alzheimer's patients for a time. The older one is coming up on 90 titles and the younger one is at 35. I know her website is not up to date, but if you are interested and wanted to "talk" with her, feel free to reach out on the phone or email listed in the "Contact Us" section on her website. Tell her Fallon and Aven's "Mom" recommended her LOL.....

those are some beautiful dogs you have there!!!!! Thank you for the reference. Greenville is not too far at all. 5 hours or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts