Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this was something Todd thought about doing a few months back; having a section devoted to each of the poodle sizes. I seem to remember a conversation where some people liked the idea and others didn't..... I'm not sure what ever happened to that idea. I personally would love it!! I do feel that some issues/topics are unique to Standards, some issues/topics are unique or more relevant to Mini's and some issue/topics are more important to Toy poodles owners. Just an idea :idea: We all have certain sizes for a reason, and I just think it would be good to have sections devoted to each!
thanks!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I like having everyone in the same place; you get more points of view that way, JMO. It would be nice if we had siggies or something that classified us by the variety we owned. (I don't own a poodle though, so I don't guess I would get one for a while.) It get's confusing, especially w/ the puppies. I keep having to ask, "now that's a mini right?" I'm usually wrong too, lol.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I like having everyone in the same place; you get more points of view that way, JMO.
I agree. I enjoy that everyone is together rather than put into "cliques" and groups of toy/mini/standard. I have learned so much about each size of poodles from EVERYONE, I enjoy that. Were it split up, I think it wouldn't feel as much as a community as it does.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I like having everyone in the same place; you get more points of view that way, JMO. It would be nice if we had siggies or something that classified us by the variety we owned. (I don't own a poodle though, so I don't guess I would get one for a while.) It get's confusing, especially w/ the puppies. I keep having to ask, "now that's a mini right?" I'm usually wrong too, lol.
Agreed! It would be great to have a siggy with dog name(s) and type(s). I often forget exactly what everyone has. :) Perhaps there could also be a tool when creating a thread to classify it as a general poodle, standard, mini or toy thread?

I'm against splitting it out into sections, mostly because I think Standard owners dominate this board. I'd be worried that us toy and mini folk would end up with a section with little activity or interaction!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm with Spencer... It feels like a much stronger community without everyone split up. I would worry about the activity on one or more of the sections dying out, which would just be unfortunate and pretty awkward. I also think it's fun to be able to get opinions and experiences from people with all different size poodles. I really like being able to mingle with everyone, not just other standard owners. :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I think the more sections you have the more individual member miss post wise, you'll get a lot of memeber that only go and read posts in the toy poodle section for example. Plus don't a lot of people on here have more than one variety of poodle? If you were going to split it up by size you'd almost be making three seperate forums, might as well I think. JMO though, as always :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I agree that we should NOT split it. There are more of us with standards, and to be honest I'd be liable to totally not go into a toy/mini area, and I just know I'll miss some good stuff! And also if *I* am going to be liable to skip past any mini or toy areas, then others might be too, and then the mini & toy people are going to be missing out on possible good info from others!!! SO MUCH of poodle info does go across the board, and anything that is specific for size is still not much to tweak to fit for the other sizes too. Don't split!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I know I'm only new but I'd hate to have it split! My interest was oringinally in Standards, the inlaws have a Toy and Duncydog is a Mini, so I like have all sections :)

It would be awesome to have what type of dogs people have in the siggy though. I can generally tell a standard in a photo but get confused by who has toys and who has minis.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It would be great to have a siggy with dog name(s) and type(s). I often forget exactly what everyone has. Perhaps there could also be a tool when creating a thread to classify it as a general poodle, standard, mini or toy thread?
love this idea!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree with everyone who thinks it shouldnt be split. Maby there could be a general puppy talk section though?? :rolffleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts