Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Ok so as promised here are the stages of Shamus's dye job.I'll give the date and a pic to go with it.

1-28-09 the night I dyed him....

2-8-09 His first bath after the dye...

2-22-09 Today after bath #2 and a coat trim(trim was 3f's not body) so the trim didn't take off the color.

His famous one ear back look!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I just gave Dolly a bath and just rimmed her a bit...she is much lighter. I think with one more bath it will be gone...she still has one dark patch behind one ear, its still bright pink!

Shamus looks happy...what color are you thinking next? LOL

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The only pink he has left is behind and under his ears also! I think thats the last place it always washes out at. I think I'll be dying him Green again "Fer ol' Saint Paddy's dey!" After all I am an Irish red head!LOL:high5:

Shamus was sticking out his tongue! Whata wee bad little doggy!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So for any of you who wanted to try a dye job on your pup but were afraid that you would come to hate it before it washes out....I say 3 weeks...no prob! Give it a try! And hey, let's see those pics!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Food coloring...I used McCormick's. On Shamus for the pink I used two one oz bottles of red. It works great and comes out in the wash easy as well as just fading out. However, it doesn't come off on the couch or bed!! Big plus!! But it is a bit messy the first time you use it...then you figure out a method!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I'm all set with my green dye for Jazz's St. Patty look. I hope it doesn't matter that a little of the manic panic is still in her coat from Christmas.
I went out and got the bigger bottles of food color. I hope I don't have the weird dog that just holds onto dye longer than normal. I am taking her to a show in April for a photoshoot LoL.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, like I posted....Shamus only had 2 baths and the color is almost completely gone. So I would worry too much about her holding the color.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Well, like I posted....Shamus only had 2 baths and the color is almost completely gone. So I would worry too much about her holding the color.
Yea but the manic panic was only supposed to last 4-6 weeks and now it's the end of Febuary LoL.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes but it is made for hair so its gonna hold "better" and longer. The food coloring route it better if you want it to come out in a short time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts