Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I spent the afternoon at the Great Barrington Kennel Club, Springfield, MA show. Unfortunately the Poodles started about 2 hours before I got there. I did get to see a little bit though, and shop :), so it was a fun time. There were around 29 Standards on Sunday, nearly all bitches I believe.

Apparently this is an event that many people bring their puppies to in order to see how they react and get them accustomed to the environment. I was told to bring Jasper along so we could see how he would do in the busy, loud environment. He was fine and wasn't phased by any of it. There were a lot of puppies there!

Here are a few shots from the afternoon. I wasn't sure what the shooting conditions would be like so I brought my long lens, which ended up being a bit too long for most shots. Next time I'll lug the camera bag in.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh my !!!!! Thanks for posting those : )))) !!!!!! What a wonderful "collage " of colors and ages : )))) - imagine if you were "on time" ha ha - hey , have to tease you a little ;) !!!!

Do you, by any chance, know what is that adult black spoo lead by a blond lady in a flower skirt ?? :)

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Those are very nice shots and poodles too. I really like the black one with the handler in black jacket and flower skirt.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh man, I'm in love with that silver!! Her coat is just simply gorgeous! :) Also, that cream baby- AHHH so cute!
Awesome photos! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm glad to hear Jasper had a good time and wasn't spooked by all the goings-on!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The handler in the flower skirt is the woman who will show Jasper at his first show :). (And she's Jasper's groomer.) I *think* the bitch is Brier Commanding Attention. (Pinafore Dark Design x Brier's Black Tie Optional) They took 4th.

There were two silvers. The other still had a lot of brown while clearing. This one was very flashy and moved nicely.

The brown, black and cream puppies were interesting to watch. The black one wanted to sit down, the brown was bouncy, and the cream was beautiful but not as eye catching when moving. All were lovely regardless!

I was told the Poodles started at 3p.m. on Sunday. Turns out they actually started before 1p.m. :fish: Ah well, there will be plenty of opportunity to see more at future shows. We have no shortage of Poodles here in the North East :D.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh well, LOL , pfffffft - do I have "connections" now or what ;) LMAO

First class handler - first class black bitch - first class buddy with first class puppy :star: - I feel very fortunate :first: : ))))) LOL

I am so excited for you and can not wait to see Jasper in the ring :) !!!!! Do you have exact dates of a show : ))) ???? Is it going to be at exactly same place as this one : ) ??? Oh, how exciting !!!

Hopefully your hands will not be too shaky to take some more great picks for us all : ))) !!!!

Best of luck to all 3 of you : )))) !!!!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing! Good luck to you and Jasper as well!

(Does anyone have a link to the results for this show? I wasn't able to find anything on Onofrio or Infodog.)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL

I'm holding out hope that you'll have to come this way for a pup and can cheer us on in person for moral support :D.

The first show is 6/5 and is at an outdoor venue. The show is being held in Wrentham, MA at the Cracker Barrel Fairgrounds. It seems to be a good size show so it's probably best we're not attempting it ourselves. I'll be the person hiding behind things so their dog doesn't see them :doh:.

There's a show a weekend or two before in Scarborough, ME that seems to get limited Poodle entries. That may be a good one for me to try without humiliating myself in front of every Poodle person around LOL.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks so much for sharing! Good luck to you and Jasper as well!

(Does anyone have a link to the results for this show? I wasn't able to find anything on Onofrio or Infodog.)

I couldn't find it on infodog yet either. It was hard to see what was going on, there were people and dogs moving everywhere in the ring. If we can't find it online I'll see if I can find out from the handler.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts