Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after the dog show yesterday the grrrls and I went for a walk up Millcreek Canyon. Starting in July, the road opens for vehicles and we hike on the trails, but for the rest of the year we walk up the road. There was still some snow, but a lot has melted. I snapped some photos, between holding the hiking stick, Cosita's leash, and a full poop bag. :)

The beginning

And then as soon as we hit a patch of snow, the spunk in Cosita came out. I swear, she cracks me up!

Liberty demonstrating how to stand on the snow with dignity

and the two together

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more

You can see where the snow's starting to melt.

And Liberty who just spotted a squirrel and was thinking about climbing a tree after it.

Cosita spent the rest of the time filthy, but thoroughly happy. This is why I think it'd be nice to have a color other than white.

Liberty flying down the hill

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
part 3

And lastly, two tired dogs on the way home.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Lovely area for a walk! The sure did have themselves a great time. I got a real kick out of watching Cosita rub herself in the snow. Our golden will do that until the last teeny patch of snow disappears.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
LOL! Ive seen similar pictures of a dirty little white girl from you before! Great pictures, and looks like you had a very nice day!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Glad to see you guys made it to the mountains for that special walk... so nice to see more of the area around SL. Your pretty pictures show it was a lot of fun.
I hope to hike along with you someday. I'll make it up there again, but next time I'm driving!
:)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Apoodleaday, desertreef and fluffyspoos we should definitely get together at Millcreek, where the pics were taken. It's only about 15 minutes from I-15, right by SLC. The dogs would love it, and so would we! I'm really slow, and I use a hiking stick because my balance is a bit off...but hopefully that will go away and I'll go back to normal hiking sooner rather than later. I keep holding out hope. :) In the meantime, the dogs don't mind how slow I am. They have just as much fun regardless! Apoodleaday...maybe next week??

Cosita is seriously a kick in the pants. She makes me laugh on a regular basis. Her joye de vivre is seriously contagious. You'll notice that she's always on lead. I just don't trust her recall, no matter how much practicing we've done. She's just too impulsive. She also loves to swim, and has plowed down toward that icy, fast moving river more than once! A leash on a harness is good. Yep bigpoodleperson, you've seen almost identical pictures of Cosita with her bottom half covered in mud...I just plan for a bath after every visit to the mtns, which in the summer is a lot, and we don't go up there right after a bath!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts