Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I live in Alabama and have begun the search for a springtime puppy. I have been doing my research but would love any and all info/tips from standard poodle owners.

·
Super Moderator
5,270 Posts
How exciting!!

My 2 cents: Don't get *too* hung up on colour. Decide what kind of temperament would best suit your lifestyle (be honest with yourself!!) and then find a breeder who will help you pick the best puppy for your home.

I remember calling one breeder during my search and asking about the temperament of the older female puppy she had available. The breeder responded with, "How about you tell me what YOU'RE looking for first."

So I did, and - surprise, surprise! The puppy was miraculously a "perfect" 10/10 fit for my wish list.

I continued my search elsewhere.

Ian Dunbar's "Before And After Getting Your Puppy", while not specific to poodles, also includes some excellent general advice.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Hi and Welcome to you and your in the springtime spoo! Any questions you have, ask away!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your search. The resources on the Versatility In Poodles (VIP) web site were useful to me. I used their recommended questions during phone calls with breeders. They provide information about the types of illnesses that dams and sires should be tested for.

Home - Versatility In Poodles, Inc. : Versatility In Poodles, Inc.

Anutta is a responsible standard poodle breeder located in Alabama. She breeds only a few litters a year but would be able to recommend other breeders if your timing doesn’t match her breeding plans. There’s a link to her website on the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/anuttapoodle/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts