Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a groomer and I love creative grooming:). Have any of the groomers on here ever used Streaks n tips or Beyond zone color bomb on there dogs ? Both of them are temporary stray color. I got them from sallys. I would assume you can use them on dogs since you can use the halloween spray color. Please let me know if you have ever use them or know something about them. Thanks

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I haven't used those brands myself

The only thing I know about spray color is that it comes out with water - which equates to it will rub off on your hands if they are damp or wet and in high humidity. It may also rub off on other things around the house. It's one of the reasons I stopped using blow pens lol. I had a dalmation come into my shop after a little light sprinkeling of rain and the darn thing DRIPPED green color all over my floors. He was sprayed green with a color from Sally's for St. Patty's day. This lady didn't understand it would come out like that with just a tiny bit of water and the whole inside of her car was green (she had three dogs that had been sprayed with it). It was pretty funny... well on her NEXT visit it was when she had been able to clean the interior of her car :)

However, spray colors are GREAT for doing stenciling and for quick applications of color. So they have their place.

It should be perfectly safe b/c it is meant to be temporary even in human hair. Obviously you're not going to want to be spraying it in their faces or anything like that. As with most things do a small test splotch first on their underside and wait 24 hours to see if they have a reaction, just to be on the safe side :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I used spray food colouring this Fourth to dye one of my poodles (see picture in picture section). I got it at Michaels in the cake isle.

And it does come off on stuff, its slowly been fading. I am trying not to think where the "dye" has rubbed off on LOL.

·
Registered
575 Posts
IT RUBS OFF ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! Even on the dog itself :{~ Makes a terrible mess. I'll never use it again, not even for stenciling. Stick to the blopens or sprayza's for that.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I use blowpens all the time. I have never had any problems with them rubbing off on to things tho. :) I plan on using the spray color this weekend so a will see how it works. I am also looking for a dye that will be dark and bright. Dose anyone know of any?Here is what I have used before but I didn't really like it manic panic, blow pens, chalk, food coloring and something that starts with a j i can't remember right know. :doh:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I plan on using the spray color this weekend so a will see how it works.
OKKKKKK, but you'll be sorry!!!! :D

OH, btw, it's like hairspray too, so once you spray it, it's very hard to move the hair after. It's VERY strong holding, so the hair will get really stiff and gummy/sticky. Make sure you get the hair in place before you start spraying.

As for the other things you've used to color, WHAT"S LEFT, lol. Some times, it's not WHAT you use, but how you use it that makes such a difference. You can always try the Pet Este' or the Dawn Omboy line (Queen of Color) available thru Show Season. Make sure to SET your color if you want a more intense color and you can also use some Results Rinse (from Show Season) before your final rinse. When you used the Manic Panic before, did you shampoo after or just rinse?????

Good luck with your creative project and don't forget to post pictures!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok maybe I will not try the spray :doh:LOL I do set the color. I only rinse the manic panic. Should I shampoo?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I've heard bad things about the spray color.

I did recently have some luck with manic panic from sallys. Unfortunately i should have gone with a deeper red and left it in longer...

I ended up with pink ears instead of red..but at least it's a pretty pink.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts