Poodle Forum banner

Spoo hates snow!

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  IPP 
#1 ·
My spoo hates snow! This morning it snowed 6 inches in Philly. I work at night so when I got off of work this morning I had to shovel my sidewalk and part of the yard so my spoo can go potty. Problem is, he resists walking on the ground if there is even a light coating on the ground. He's such a prima donna! He will pee but he hasn't made a poop since yesterday morning! I know his behind has to hurt. I swear, my 4 year old wasn't as stubborn as this dog! It's hilarious, I wish I had a video camera! He acts like the snow is a monster to avoid at all costs. My husband who is a cop too is laughing at me and the dog, he's saying at this moment I should of gotten a real dog like a german shepard! I hate men, heck with him my spoo is a real dog, he just has issues with the white stuff....:shot:

#4 ·
LOL! I offered to get my hubby some boots to kick himself in the butt. How dare him, laughing at my baby. A walk wouldn't work, people around here don't shovel there sidewalks the way they should it's a lot of elderly around here. Still snow on the ground. I'll just have to get as much snow up as I can. I think I have some Safe Paws in the house to melt the snow that's left on the ground. He has held it as long as 24hrs. I'm not worried..

#7 ·
Awww, I am sure it will all come out okay in the end (pun intended :p)

Poor guy!

I guess you could try the muttluks...but hopefully enough will melt during the day that he will become more comfortable with the situation.

As for home remedies for constipation, I have heard inserting the sulfur tip of a cardboard match will dramatically speed things up if you know what I mean....but I have never tried it.

Six more weeks of snow! Hopefully he won't be too uncomfortable and drive you batty the whole time!

#9 ·
I have a couple who are the same way about the snow...they try to balance on 2 or 3 legs to avoid touching it, then run back in.

"Ummm nope, don't have to poop that bad, yet..."

If this is his 1st winter he might take a little while to get used to it, or maybe its SOO cold its bothering his feet. I bet he is being a baby about it, and I am sure hubby is not helping...

I have noticed that some of my poodles love it, others do their business and RUN back in...and it has nothing to do with coat length, temps ect...some poos just don't care for snow.

Just try to make it as fun as possible, like taking favorite toys/treats out there and toss them into the snow, bury them in the snow, ect...and I bet he will take to it sooner than later!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.