Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a local UKC show this weekend and I would like to go and take Poppy. I have contacted a few people that had email listed, but I conflicting responses on if I can bring Poppy or not. Have any of you attended as a spectator and brought your dog? Or for those of you that show are spectator dogs generally allowed? There is an AKC Cluster locally this fall and I'd like to go to that one also, but I can ask about bringing Poppy at my AKC obedience class this week.

thanks

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
We have a local UKC show this weekend and I would like to go and take Poppy. I have contacted a few people that had email listed, but I conflicting responses on if I can bring Poppy or not. Have any of you attended as a spectator and brought your dog? Or for those of you that show are spectator dogs generally allowed? There is an AKC Cluster locally this fall and I'd like to go to that one also, but I can ask about bringing Poppy at my AKC obedience class this week.

thanks
If its a UKC show anything goes on there I would not worry just bring your dog. Since UKC is register day of show how do they know your not going to enter ?

AKC is another story it depends in CA I see pets at shows all of the time even tho its not allowed lol

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I know here if it is an outdoor show you can take your dogs as a spectator. Indoor, not so much. If there is obedience or agilty going on I don't know how they'd know your dog wasn't entered, but it could be embarrassing if they threw you out. But UKC...I have no clue about.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Why would you want to bring Poppy?

Dog shows are already busy enough places without unentered dogs attending. I'm sure that Poppy is very well behaved, but many dogs are not and the stress of the dog show grounds really pushes a dog's buttons. Every AKC show I know forbids unentered dogs on show grounds.

On top of this, dog shows are a prime place for picking up any sort of communicable disease. Both times my dogs have gotten kennel cough, it has been via a dog show.

My vote.... leave Poppy at home.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
As long as Poppy is up to date on vacs and is not compromised in her health in any way, they are very interesting. Your eyes might bug out at some of the dogs you see there. Totally ungroomed and even a bit wild. Not all, but some people are dressed really sloppy. Its totally different than AKC events. I would take her. People look at my PARTI dog likes its the alien from hell at AKC events. At least at UKC, people will smile and tell you, "NICE DOG!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts