Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the poodle has fft shaved but they also have their body shaved but with hair left on their legs. Also does anyone have and pictures of this clip?

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I do the hair on the back thighs shorter though and blend it longer as it goes down the hocks. I don't like that 'thunder thighs' look.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
The 'thunder thighs' & 'shoulder pads' look without the blending is the 'town & country' trim.
If it's blended lower down then it's the lamb trim.
If it's really stylised, (with more neck hair and more 'flair' on the back legs etc) then it's the modern.

The video you posted was the lamb trim with a fair amount of hair on the legs, the photo you posted is a bit of a mix of the lamb and t&c (lamb in the front, t&c in the back! LOL)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Most of the clips above would be considered the "Model" trim, however it's been called the T&C, but that's really got more hair around the hips and shoulders that is stylized.

The one just above is definitely the "Model" clip and some of the others are variations of it. The gray poodle is border line "Fox" trim where the front legs are trimmed much lower, but they are more blended and down toward the elbow.

I have a very great client that LOVES this trim and I've been doing it on her for almost 5 years now, next time she's in I'll try to remember to take pictures.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That white poodle has a pretty face but that hair cut is so hideous. I can't stand those puffy arms and legs. I enjoy seeing old dog books, postcards and other stuff with that trim. Its like the "mullet"....was cool for a while but looking back you go "What was I thinking back then?"

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Arreau, your trim there isn't a t&c, it's closer to being a lamb trim than a town & country... The key element to the town & country is that it has the big UNBLENDED shoulders & hips (they poof straight out from the short body, no 'skimming' to blend in or anything) The moment you start blending the legs in at the shoulders & hips by skimming down off the body, it starts becoming a lamb trim.

Sporting or kennel clip is short all over, like a 4F everywhere on body & legs with a wee topknot & tail.

I've never heard of a 'model' style!?? Do you have a link describing it cameo? I've tried googling but can't come up with anything! I do know of the 'fox' though, but I personally hate those stupid drawings that I've seen of it! LOL!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've never heard of a 'model' style!?? Do you have a link describing it cameo? I've tried googling but can't come up with anything! I do know of the 'fox' though, but I personally hate those stupid drawings that I've seen of it! LOL!
It's listed in Shirley Kalstone's book. Don't have a link however, but the T&C is also listed in there, but is a bit different than the Model.

I think some one on here posted a bunch of line drawings a few days back that may have been taken from that book and the Model might be included in those, but if you have the Kalstone book, you can find it listed there and discribed.

I'll try to get some pictures of Hope (the lil poo) the next time she comes in and post them. I DO alter the trim a little bit adding a bit more angulation to her back legs simply because I don't like the legs to look to "POOFY" lol.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Kinda like Vegas's clip right now. Modified lamb clip?
Is there a photo somewhere of Vegas' clip? I'm curious to know what your version of a "modified" lamb clip is since there is no set length requirement for a lamb and I've heard this term thrown around a lot on here, no where else though... Basicly I want to know how you've modified it. I'm kind of a lamb clip is a lamb clip sort of person so it either is or it isn't there is no modified (in my world) unless you've done something different with the feet, or tail or scissored the legs shorter on the bottoms than they are on the top, which might look different, but I know somebody who did it once.

Just curious.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Ok so here's vegas....

Now is he a lamb or a german?? I thought with the short ears he'd be a german....

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
lol, with short ears and the pom tail I still go with modified lamb. If he had a carrot or shaved tail, it'd be a german. Also with the big topknot, even if he had long ears, I'd call it a modified lamb too, as a traditional lamb trim has a scissored topknot. :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
These are just my little line drawings... I hope it helps!

The german:

The Lamb: (the body hair looks pretty long in this doodle...)

Here's a shorter version of the lamb:

The Miami: (aka: the clown, the saint-tropez, the palm springs, the zazou etc...)

·
Registered
494 Posts
The Dutch:

The Model: (aka: town and country)

The Mod Fox:

The Sporting or Kennel: (ears are usually feathered though)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts