Poodle Forum banner


728 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  94Magna_Tom
So this is awhile away but I am planning for Nona's spay. I know some large chested breeds get some sort of surgery during their spay/neuter to prevent their stomach flipping, but I am blanking on what this is called but from what I understand it's needed for standards too. Can anyone remind me of what this is called so I can discuss it with my vet?
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
Elroy had a Gastropexy. Every time I see him have a "wretching" event (infrequent, but still relatively often), the fact that he's had it provides me comfort. Otherwise, every time I would be hyper sensitive to it being a bloat event (ie. Scared of making me have to be on alert to rush him to the ER, or not).
Definitely worth it to me.
1 - 1 of 7 Posts