Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 year old Standard Poodle is suffering from spay incontinence. This has progressed over the past few months. I do not know when she was spayed as I have only had her a year. I had the vet check her out and he put her on pills but not hormones. While this has helped it has not completely fixed the problem. She now only needs to go out once in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning instead of twice at night. How long does it take to get the full effect of the pills? This still a problem and she is such a good dog. I do not know what to do. Do hormone replacements work better?

·
Registered
128 Posts
It would probably help to know the name of the pill the vet gave you, as different vets may have used different things. I have a vet who uses traditional and complimentary methods, and she had me use a homeopathic (my preference) for a dog which needed bladder support. You might consider trying Bladder Science by Vetri-Science "Recommended to support normal bladder function and bladder health. It is also recommended for spayed or senior dogs to help maintain bladder control." Being a homeopathic it can likely be used in conjunction with the pill your dog is taking. I get mine through Amazon, but you could just find it through a search, or Vetri-Science: dog vitamins, horse supplements, joint support health products, glucosamine chondroitn, glycoflex products, nutrition

1 - 3 of 3 Posts