Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jasper had his first date with my groomer today. She just cleaned him up a bit. His little face and feet really needed it!

I'll try to get better photos tomorrow, but here are a few quick shots showing his neater doo. I love that wild "woman/man" look after they're blown out LOL.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ah : ))) he looks so "velvety" !!!!:):):)

You made some great shots : ))) !

I just would ask the groomer to leave his "front leggings" little bit longer ...; )

He definitely is growing up LOL : )))

PS: Are you sure you do not want to show him LOL ?????

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Ohhh, gotta love that kissable smooth face!!! I love his lil eyes peeping from under the topknot too, SO cute!

I had to laugh at the 'front leggings' comment, cos the left one is fine, it's the right one that's a bit short, so I'd say it's probably more the fact he's a puppy and one was taken a bit short perhaps due to a little wriggling or whatever! heh

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, the front right side looks a bit weird. The left is fine as are the back legs. It may have just been wet (lovely weather we're having again :p), and he was wrestling with the teenager while I was trying to get the shot. I'll check it out in the morning. My groomer's assistant did Jas today, but next appointment (5 weeks) he'll have my regular groomer.

As for showing... *sigh*, I don't know. My groomer, also an experienced pro-handler, thinks she can easily finish him as a puppy. (though I may want to play around with showing myself the first time or two) His registration is limited because I didn't want to do a co-ownership. If not for that I'd probably do it. I'm tempted to revisit this with the breeder as there is a big show in May and he'll be old enough. Or I could just stick with the original plan of obedience, agility and therapy. Just not sure yet!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
most good breeders will be happy for you to show their pup, but will want to keep a 'no breeding' clause in there, cos just because he's nice to show doesn't make him worthy of breeding. BUT showing him does get her name and breeding out there and proven all the more, so I don't see why a good breeder would prevent you from showing if that's what you really would like to do. And hey, once he is show and possibly finished, you can then say you did it! heh

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Flying - that is a VERY good point !!!!

Why one would not be able to show on "limited" !!!!?????? It never says in the contract that owner is prohibited to show - just prohibited to breed !!!!

Oh my - BUT - would that be a "talk of the town" though LMAO - you have no idea of how BIG egos USA breeders have LMAO - one has to ask if one can wipe puppy's butt not to mention anything else, if one wants to do anything that is "not in their book of conduct" - and of course , it only goes "one way" ;).

Rock- he would look adorable even if you shave him down LOL - so do not even pay attention to it LOL - it is just my sick perfectionism noticing "unnoticeable":doh:

Looking forward for new shots : )))) !!!!!

He can be finished - I do not think there is any doubt : ))) - but if that is going to complicate anything with your breeder - I say - stay away and stay happy : ))))) !!!!! Who cares about a title if it is going to stop being fun ! : )

He would do fantastic in both obedience and therapy since he is so much people oriented and completely focused on you : ))) !!!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Lol I think you may have asked this same thing on one of my threads, but how old is he? He and my Vegas look a lot alike in size! He's such a cutie!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wish- Here's the scoop with the mystery of the shorter legging LOL... It hits above his foot at the right place but the fur is trimmed just a teeny tiny (less than 1/8") hair shorter than the left leg, and the fur is laying up instead of out. Fun little puppy coat twists and curls ya know :D. I am so tired of this weather and can't wait until the dogs can look good for more than 30 seconds LOL!!

As for the limited registration. You can't show a dog in AKC events with a limited registration, only full. I'd need the breeder to agree to changing Jasper's registration to full. With a limited registration we can participate in obedience, agility, etc...

flying- I very well may see if I can work something out with the breeder. More than anything I'd like to play with showing him a bit myself. While I may be wiling to pay a handler, our son goes to college next year so it's definitely not at the top of my "to do" list. With what college costs these days, there's a lot that won't be on my to do list for a very long time it seems :wacko:!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks everyone :)! He definitely has the puppy dog eye thing down pat LOL. Their little faces are so expressive.

Fluffyspoos - They do look similar in size. Jasper is 16, almost 17 weeks old now. He was 28 pounds at the vet on Monday, and he's roughly 18.5". Under that poofy coat is a bony boy. Vegas is a total cutie, and has such a pretty face! I just love all that you're doing with him. Guess I'd better quit with the silly tricks, like shake, and get onto useful things like ringing bells to go outside :D.

DesertReef - I love the look of your pups, I think I've told you that before. There's a very particular look I like in a Poodle face and your dogs/pups have it!

·
Registered
708 Posts
He is beautiful. I say see if you can show him. I'm sure it would be fun. You could start out in a few classes and then let your groomer/handler finish him if needed. He is a cutie!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
it's a bugger you can't show with a limited registration over there. I know over here you can have a 'not to be shown' clause, and/or a 'not to be bred' one too. I know Jak's dobie has a 'not to be bred' clause on him, but he's allowed (and was bought with the intention of) to be shown!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Fluffyspoos - They do look similar in size. Jasper is 16, almost 17 weeks old now. He was 28 pounds at the vet on Monday, and he's roughly 18.5". Under that poofy coat is a bony boy. Vegas is a total cutie, and has such a pretty face! I just love all that you're doing with him. Guess I'd better quit with the silly tricks, like shake, and get onto useful things like ringing bells to go outside :D.
Well Vegas is 14 weeks in a few days so they're only about 3 weeks apart! :D Cool! And don't worry! ^^ You have plenty of time to teach your boy everything you could ever want!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thank you, Rockporters... then again.... depending upon the breeding there are some very different looks. Someday you'll have to point out what it is you like more. :)

I'm going to post some pictures taken today in another thread. You can never take too many pictures! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
it's a bugger you can't show with a limited registration over there. I know over here you can have a 'not to be shown' clause, and/or a 'not to be bred' one too. I know Jak's dobie has a 'not to be bred' clause on him, but he's allowed (and was bought with the intention of) to be shown!
I think our system works differently here. AKC must just do limited or full, and then there are individual contracts stating about breeding etc. am I right ??

Whereas here, they are registered or not registered, and can have endorsements.

I.E -not to be bred, not to be shown, not to be exported, not to be bred unless hips checked under xxx months etc.
some of these endorsements can be lifetime, so cannot be removed, but if the breeder agrees, they can be removed.

Rockporters -definitely see if you can work out the showing thing, as it is so much fun!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Very pretty!!! Or should I say quite handsome!?! You got some Excellant shots? What kind of camera and any light defusing used?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts