Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whew drying is taking so long. I feel for y鈥檃ll who have hairy standards 馃.

Fuzzy face.

I am not sure what to do now that all the shows are canceled for awhile. Keep up the hair? I know a lot of people are cutting down their dogs . I would like her to get her GCH but I doubt it鈥檚 going to happen this year 馃槵. My plan was to go to premier in June but I think it will get cancelled .

Registered
I know my AKC club has canceled our June and July.
She鈥檚 gorgeous and all that fur is glorious but lots of work. Why not switch her to her adult show trim.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I鈥檝e thought about it. Right now she has a lot of filling out to do (very scrawny.. she only weighs 10lbs) so a conti or hcc would probably look really bad on her. I really like the look of the modern cut but until she gets rid of this floppy puppy hair I don鈥檛 think she could carry it well. Plus right now I only have straight shears and my skill for doing a blended topknot is 0% (I prefer that style)so I was going to take her to a groomer who can teach me how to do it ( a grooming teaching class that I was planning on taking her next week was cancelled ). I鈥檓 still going to cut back on the hair on her legs and feet some for now.

Since I鈥檓 only showing UKC I don鈥檛 need her hair all that long so I think I will attempt to take more off . Her topknot is getting to the point where it needs multiple bands (4鈥5)for everyday to keep it back out of her face without having to constantly fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts