Poodle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sophy has just about given up trying to make Mum understand how dangerous the monsters in the river might be, especially now we don't get too close to them while they are awake. But she is fed up because Mum has made the bed uncomfy. Our hooman says it is too hot to sleep with a duvet, and a sheet is enough, and she's pushed the duvet over to one corner for us if we want it but it is not the corner that Sophy likes to sleep in and she says it is too hot all piled up like that, but the bits she likes to sleep on are too hard because you can't flump a sheet like you can a duvet. So she keeps getting off the bed to see if she can find somewhere better, then jumping back up when she can't, until Mum says it is difficult enough to sleep with the heat and a sore hip without having Sophy playing at Goldilocks all night, and she'd better find a Just Right spot and Settle Down At Once!

Last night Sophy said she would but she needed a pee first, so we went downstairs and outside and Sophy found Heloise the hedgehog and we had an exciting time chasing her a bit and barking to make her unroll and Mum came to find us and tell us to stop in case we woke all the neighbours and I went one way home and Sophy went the other and we all played hide and seek and it was lovely, but Mum started making cross noises again, so we all went back to bed. But I still don't see how Sophy can play Goldilocks - she is nearly all black and white with hardly any gold at all.

·
Registered
906 Posts
fjm, you and Poppy and Sophy and all your adventures remind me of the Doreen Tovey books about her Siamese cats. I love those books!

·
Super Moderator
3,211 Posts
Poppy, Ritter saw big monsters yesterday too. They were pooping all over the road, and the humans cleaning up after the monsters did a terrible job. They picked up hardly anything; mostly they just smeared the monster poop all over the road. There were policemen directing people around the piles of monster poop.

At first Ritter was a bit scared of the policemen. They are supposed to drive by in their cars and wave, not stand in the middle of the road in the hot sun. We thought maybe they were sick and dangerous. They turned out to be ok, but they were a little dumb. They told us to watch where we walked. Like, duh, Ritter is a puppy, but even he is smart enough not to walk on a road that's all dirty and smelly after the monsters passed through.

·
Registered
311 Posts
All this talk of monsters is scary. Your mum needs protection. But mums rarely appreciate the things we do for them. My mom was also not very appreciative of me this morning. On the past few months, she has developed a new grooming routine. She stands in the indoor rain room and then colors and brushes her whole face including her eyelids! She does this on the days when she leaves me for 100 millions hours. So when I see her do that, I know what is about to happen. Today, I gave her a big sniff after her grooming and she did not smell mom like at all so I attempted to lick away all the face color. She did not appreciate my help and still left me for 100 million hours. There are some poop smearing monsters outside our house too and I let mom walk by them all by herself since she didn’t want my help.
Your bored friend,
Bb

PS I wish I had real live hedgehog. I stole a toy one from my boy’s room and I like him very much.

·
Premium Member
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I loved those books too, reraven - I must revisit them. I spent the afternoon at the dentist, and it ended up taking far longer than expected, so the dogs missed their afternoon walk and tea was an hour late. Perhaps I will take them on a hedgehog walk this evening to make up for it.

Reactions: reraven123

·
Premium Member
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know what happened last night? We all slept much better because it has stopped being quite so hot and Sophy has found a way of being comfy on just a sheet and Mum remembered to take scrummy medicine so she didn't wriggle around as much with her sore hip, and then very early when it was still dark she felt a bit cold and pulled the duvet over herself and I got rolled over and Sophy got covered up and muddled up in the sheet and says she nearly got suffocated! And she says it's a bit much, and humans really should make their minds up and not keep chopping and changing and behaving like volcanoes in bed.

But iyt is lovely and cool now, so we can go for walks at the proper time instead of when we are still sleepy and we can go outside without Mum telling me to get back in the shade before my ears burn and all the other things that have been All Wrong for the last week or two. Mum says it is much, much hotter where some of you live, and I think that must be horrible. It's been too hot to walk much, let alone run, and we have had to find shady bits out of the sun. Yesterday morning when it was all cool and cloudy and lovely we had a proper walk at last and Sophy ran zoomies just because she could and I ran a little bit too - not very far or very fast, but a bit. So I hope it gets all nice and cool for all of you soon, so you can run comfortably too.

Poppy xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts