Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe how quickly the years have slipped away...

Sophy is a very small dog with a very large personality. She is opinionated, determined and sensible - so much so that I rarely bother to argue with her as is usually right! She is brave and confident, reading dogs and people remarkably well - she knows when to put a rambunctious puppy in it's place or avoid an overbearing human, but will always respond to a request to "Say hello nicely" to a polite child, and let them pet her gently. She likes long off leash walks in interesting places - three miles is a good start for Sophy, and she has always been keen to explore the next bit when Poppy and I were ready for car and home. Despite her slipped disc years ago and occasional bouts of sciatica since she is fit and healthy, running flat out for the sheer joy of it when the mood takes her. She is also a self taught tracker dog, finding cats shut in garages or sisters mislaid in garden centres with a slightly patronising insouciance.

Sophy has a very strong sense of fairness - she can count treats, and decided long ago that if dogs are not allowed to pull humans then humans should not pull dogs. And she is very good at telling humans what she wants, spelling it out S-L-O-W-L-Y in BIG letters for the hard of understanding. She is not a great cuddler - she likes to be on my lap first thing in the morning and if there have been loud bangs or other worrying events, but she does like to be close, and is usually by my feet on the posh red blanket she quietly pulled off me inch by inch within a week of it arriving.

Happy Birthday Sophy - there was extra chicken for breakfast, and we are going to make the most of the sunshine by going for a walk in one of her favourite places. And supper will also be extra chicken, with sprinkles!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Happy Birthday dear Sophy!
Your mum has told so many tales of you and your adventures. You are living a most wonderful life and giving the same in return!

·
Premium Member
23,572 Posts
Happy birthday Sophie. Lily especially, having turned 12 in September, says she thinks the two of you are in the prime of life. She wishes she could pop across to walk with you today.

Reactions: fjm

·
Registered
640 Posts
Happy birthday, Sophie! I believe you have a cult following on PoodleForum.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Happy birthday to a wonderful pup- Asta says your chicken treats are the best (he LOVES chicken)

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Happy birthday to a very dear Sophy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Happy birthday, sweet Sophy. Always fun to read about your dogs, fjm. Since Sophy is big sis, does Poppy let her take the lead on everything?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts