Poodle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night Sophy would not settle. We went out, she did a pee, still would not settle. I removed Poppy from Sophy's bed and flumped it - still not settled. She sat and stared into my eyes. We went out again. Again when we came back in she once more stared deep into my eyes. And at last I understood, took the nice, thick, fluffy throw that was keeping my lap warm and made it into a nest for her. Instant peace.

So this morning Sophy is curled up on my posh throw, and I am making do with a dog blanket... Says it all, really!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Last night Sophy would not settle. We went out, she did a pee, still would not settle. I removed Poppy from Sophy's bed and flumped it - still not settled. She sat and stared into my eyes. We went out again. Again when we came back in she once more stared deep into my eyes. And at last I understood, took the nice, thick, fluffy throw that was keeping my lap warm and made it into a nest for her. Instant peace.

So this morning Sophy is curled up on my posh throw, and I am making do with a dog blanket... Says it all, really!
Yup !!
Never fails to amaze me how often our Popppy looks very comfortable, has been well fed, has the attention of the room, returned home from a wistful consumer attack - shopping bag handles cutting into my hand, relaxes in luxury on the back seat whilst I chauffer through the traffic and pot holes, watches me from her mat in the kitchen as I slave over a hot stove preparing her choice from the menu, my stomach rumbling in anticipation of my beans on toast when done cooking for her, exhausted at the end of the day I slide into a slther of space left for me in the king size bed.
Can't recall the last time I relaxed on the sofa without a deadweight pressing down on my feet / legs / arm/ hand/ chest/ neck, or walked from one room to the other without having to avoid a plethora of destroyed toys. Her towel hangs next to mine in the bathroom !!

Love her though but.

·
Registered
Leo (GSD), Lily (APBT), and Simon (SPoo)
1,156 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,503 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts