Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have been lurking on this forum for a while and now my miniature poodle has finally been born and I get him home in about 6 more weeks :)

Here is a picture of Panda at 2 days old

I am so excited and still have lots of preparations to make before he comes home but it is a really exciting time :)

I sure I will have lots of questions in the coming months so please be patient with me ^_^

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Aw, he's cute! I like his symmetrical markings on his head. It will be interesting to see how his pattern changes as he grows.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Welcome! Congrats. Those are some very striking markings. I have a question though, if this puppy is only 2 weeks old, how do you know that this is the right puppy for you? Are you going strictly by color and markings?

As a breeder, I could not possibly figure out which puppy was appropriate for which home until around age 8 weeks.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The breeder picked him out for me, there were 4 in the litter, 1 girl 3 boys, I wanted a boy so that gave me a choice of 3. This boy has the best facial markings (i.e. the most white) and since I want to use him for film, the more white he has on his face the better as black doesn't stand out on camera so well.

I know all the puppies from the previous litter were confident and outgoing as are the parents so cant see how he would be shy. I am sure he will be a great puppy when he is old enough to get a better picture of temperament :)

I am so excited!

·
Registered
741 Posts
arwww its todds iddy bitty bro... heres a pic of todd at the same age sam.

i cant wait to watch panda grow up... and if he is anything like todd he will be perfect for film work.

im so happy for you :)

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww look at little Todd monster! One day panda will be big and strong like him :) when I take him down to Brighton to introduce him to the sea they will have to meet up

·
Registered
741 Posts
most defently... i was showing my friend the baby pics of pandas litter she alredy has a white toy poo.... she wants one so bad she loves todd. but her hubby said no :(

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't wait to meet panda. Iv been buying loads of stuff for him. What's todds favourite toy? I want ideas for what to get the pup :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
anything fluffy and sqweeky lol,,, also he loves golf balls and his fave thing to do is picking up his bowls and carrying them around,, normally emptying the water in them on the floor little bugger.....

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought a squeeky raccoon for him, I hope he likes it. I sure as he'll do. I bought some bowls but I think they are too big, then I saw some dalmation ones at pets at home but they have sold out :(

·
Registered
741 Posts
my friend got me a nice china bowl with todds name on he cant pick it up either its to heavy, thats a shame maybe google them and you might find them

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Oh my soul...how precious! I was going to say he looks like a tiny holstein cow! Way too cute. Enjoy your baby and PLEASE...lots of photos while he is growing up.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Iv seen some china bowls sunk into a wooden stand which I like. They have an extra small or a small, not sure what size to get

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Panda is adorable!! He DOES look a lot like Todd! Thats sweet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts