Poodle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have been lurking on this forum for a while and now my miniature poodle has finally been born and I get him home in about 6 more weeks :)

Here is a picture of Panda at 2 days old

I am so excited and still have lots of preparations to make before he comes home but it is a really exciting time :)

I sure I will have lots of questions in the coming months so please be patient with me ^_^

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Welcome! Congrats. Those are some very striking markings. I have a question though, if this puppy is only 2 weeks old, how do you know that this is the right puppy for you? Are you going strictly by color and markings?

As a breeder, I could not possibly figure out which puppy was appropriate for which home until around age 8 weeks.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The breeder picked him out for me, there were 4 in the litter, 1 girl 3 boys, I wanted a boy so that gave me a choice of 3. This boy has the best facial markings (i.e. the most white) and since I want to use him for film, the more white he has on his face the better as black doesn't stand out on camera so well.

I know all the puppies from the previous litter were confident and outgoing as are the parents so cant see how he would be shy. I am sure he will be a great puppy when he is old enough to get a better picture of temperament :)

I am so excited!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought a squeeky raccoon for him, I hope he likes it. I sure as he'll do. I bought some bowls but I think they are too big, then I saw some dalmation ones at pets at home but they have sold out :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.