Poodle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son (and I ) have been on zyrtec for several days and are still having allergy symptoms :(

Im pretty sure we can't keep puppy, but I do have one question. What is the most I can bathe puppy? once a week/twice a week etc?
Im trying to figure out if there is anyway to keep him but its not looking good.

·
Registered
554 Posts
There is a shampoo my dr told me about when I first found out I was allergic to dogs...it is supposed to remove dander without stripping all the oils out and harming the coat itself. I asked my vet about it and he said he could order it for me, but I never needed it with my poodles.

I can't remember the brand name but I bet if you google something like "dander reducing dog shampoo" it will pull up something.

If you are using a gentle shampoo I think you can bathe 2 times per week without even worrying about hurting the dogs skin or coat...but I am sure someone else can give you a better answer on that!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I am sorry to hear that you and your son are still having difficulties. Gosh I really couldn't imagine not having what ever sort of animal I fancied around. We currently have three boarding dogs plus our two dogs and two cats plus our one :smile:.

·
Registered
554 Posts
There is a shampoo my dr told me about when I first found out I was allergic to dogs...it is supposed to remove dander without stripping all the oils out and harming the coat itself. I asked my vet about it and he said he could order it for me, but I never needed it with my poodles.

I can't remember the brand name but I bet if you google something like "dander reducing dog shampoo" it will pull up something.

If you are using a gentle shampoo I think you can bathe 2 times per week without even worrying about hurting the dogs skin or coat...but I am sure someone else can give you a better answer on that!
I found the shampoo I was talking about...its called Allerpet and you can get it online at www.jefferspet.com but I am sure the stuff Chicky recommended works the same way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts