Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son (and I ) have been on zyrtec for several days and are still having allergy symptoms :(

Im pretty sure we can't keep puppy, but I do have one question. What is the most I can bathe puppy? once a week/twice a week etc?
Im trying to figure out if there is anyway to keep him but its not looking good.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Paris has shampoo from the Vet that is a non detergent shampoo for Therapy DOg work, it's so she can have a bath every three days. Ask your vet to mix some up for you.

·
Registered
554 Posts
There is a shampoo my dr told me about when I first found out I was allergic to dogs...it is supposed to remove dander without stripping all the oils out and harming the coat itself. I asked my vet about it and he said he could order it for me, but I never needed it with my poodles.

I can't remember the brand name but I bet if you google something like "dander reducing dog shampoo" it will pull up something.

If you are using a gentle shampoo I think you can bathe 2 times per week without even worrying about hurting the dogs skin or coat...but I am sure someone else can give you a better answer on that!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nature's Miracle Dander Remover and Body Deodorizer
This is what is required for Paris in the R.E.A.D. program.
(Reading Education Assistance Dogs)
You can get it at PetSmart or PetCo
Or online

·
Registered
912 Posts
I am sorry to hear that you and your son are still having difficulties. Gosh I really couldn't imagine not having what ever sort of animal I fancied around. We currently have three boarding dogs plus our two dogs and two cats plus our one :smile:.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hey Bliss how are you and your son going? I was wondering if you made any progress with the allergies and if you could keep the pup?

·
Registered
554 Posts
There is a shampoo my dr told me about when I first found out I was allergic to dogs...it is supposed to remove dander without stripping all the oils out and harming the coat itself. I asked my vet about it and he said he could order it for me, but I never needed it with my poodles.

I can't remember the brand name but I bet if you google something like "dander reducing dog shampoo" it will pull up something.

If you are using a gentle shampoo I think you can bathe 2 times per week without even worrying about hurting the dogs skin or coat...but I am sure someone else can give you a better answer on that!
I found the shampoo I was talking about...its called Allerpet and you can get it online at www.jefferspet.com but I am sure the stuff Chicky recommended works the same way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts