Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m quite excited as I just finished registering Bobby for the CGC class and test! In this time of Covid there aren’t as many classes for anything so I was on it as soon as it opened for registration. He’s almost done with his 3rd Obedience class in addition to the the “fun” classes he has taken. He still has work to do but between now and the end of October, when class starts, we should make good progress not to mention the class itself will prepare. I am quite excited as once he passes the CGC test it’s on to therapy dog classes!!! Yay!!! For awhile I was thinking he may not be cut out for it and that’s still a possibility but as he continues to mature and learn, I’m quite hopeful.😊 If anyone has any tips I will take them!

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Sorry, I have no tips but want to say Good for you and Bobby! Rooting for you both!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There will be some things he will do very well and some things are going to be a struggle. He loves people but friendly greetings will be something we will have to work hard on as he still gets a bit excited although he’s getting better but one problem is while he likes to be scratched behind the ears and under his chin and loves a good hand sniff, he does not like his head petted by anyone he doesn’t know. He will back up and get shy which will fail the test. I’m concerned this will be a problem. Passing dogs...it will depend. In class he’s not too bad. On walks, he’s good as long as we keep a respectful distance. Too close, he wants to pull towards the other dog. We’ll see. We’ve got time. And doing doing everything without any treats!!!! 😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts