Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Not sure if anyone will beable to help but thought I would ask anyway. For the past about 2 years Cheeko's had something growing out of his tail. It's like the texture of nails and it grows to about 3 inches then goes black and it really anoys him then one day we wake up and it's gone. The vet doesn't know what it is just says we've to just keep letting it grow and fall off :confusffed: Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow that is really wierd. I have no clue, but wow?! What color is it when it first starts to grow? When you say nails do you mean fingernails? What shape is it? Couldn't just be like a really big wart?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that is really wierd. I have no clue, but wow?! What color is it when it first starts to grow? When you say nails do you mean fingernails? What shape is it? Couldn't just be like a really big wart?
Yes a fingernail type texture. It's white when it starts to grow then goes cream coloured. and it just grows in a long line a bit like a mini tail growing out of his tail. Don't think it could be a wart because it's hard like a nail aswell. It's always puzzled us. When it's at it's longest his tail looks awful when he's just been clipped. It's not really like any of our animals to be normal though :tongue:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Like I said I have no idea what it is, but it sure is interesting. Do you have any pictures? Does it leave a sore or anything when it falls off? I know first hand how frustrating it is when you can't get a diagnoses, but be thankful it doesn't seem like anything too serious.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't have any pics unfortunately. He doesn't like it being touched then starts trying to bite it off when he feels someone near it. I leaves a red bit when it falls off then a few days later it grows back again. Vet did sugest cutting it off but then decided because it was his tail there wasn't enough skin to stretch over to heal it. We thought it could have been related to his cysts but vet doubts it is. We're glad it's nothing serious but we were begining to worry that the last cyst on his back was something serious because normaly anti bioctics shrink them but this one kept getting bigger so had to be removed. Was all fine though :biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts