Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL...... Today we had a breeding,,,,, a beautiful red bitch, first American/ Canadian duel red champion, being bred to my boy Santiago, first apricot standard to receive an AOM at Poodle Club of America!

Beautiful anticipated breeding.

Everything is going perfect, beautiful day, (little hot/humid) beautiful sky, good beautiful poodles and an easy breeding, when low and behold a typical flash East Coast thunderstorm comeso rolling through while we are tied on my back deck!

Now, remember, the owner of the female is Canadian from Vancouver who is not in any way shape or form used to Eastern Thunderstorms. We are kinda predisposed and busy with this breeding when the thunderstorm rolls through, perfectly safe, away from any danger of drowning or being struck by lightning...... but the look of horror on her face was PRICELESS!

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
"Flash, Bam, Alakazam
Out of the orange colored sky"

Reactions: farleysd

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the name suggestions! I know one name that has been discussed is "Stormy." Out of the Orange Colored Sky is really appropriate for a "stormy" Apricot/red breeding!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Zeus is the most well known god of lightning, and he's usually portrayed with a lightning bolt in his hand :)

Thor in Norse mythology

Bronte in Greek mythology

Dian Mu is the goddess of lightning in Chinese mythology

Thunderbird (Iroquois mythology)

Shango (Nigerian mythology)

Also: "Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me
Gallileo, Gallileo, Gallileo, Gallileo, Gallileo, figaro, magnifico"

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Did you know that in Greek mythology the 'Elysian Fields' were a final resting place of the souls of virtuous and heroic people struck by lighting?
'Jupiter' in the Roman era was the god of thunder and lighting, but called 'Zeus' by the Greeks
What great naming opportunity you will have!

Reactions: farleysd
1 - 7 of 7 Posts