Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess they all have to grow up someday, right? It is just too fast!

She was a scraggly mess going in due to perhaps poor-timing of her spay surgery in the "grooming cycle." LOL.

I haven't shared in a while, and I finally got some daylight photos of her the other day. She will be 1 year old this month:

I think she's beautiful.

BIG DOG! (she's got that awful bracelet the vet gave her during surgery. grumble.) You can see how skinny she is here. The groomer left her a little long so it wouldn't show so much. She's down to 37 lbs. :( No longer losing, though!

The "Look."

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

The Long, Long, Nose.

Wondering if I'm going to have this thing in her face all afternoon.

Over having her photos taken.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Aww what a pretty girl! I think i missed your post on why she is only 37 pounds? Did she get sick? Is she ok now?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aww what a pretty girl! I think i missed your post on why she is only 37 pounds? Did she get sick? Is she ok now?
Thank you. :D

The short of it is tummy troubles off and on since November. Then @#*$ vet (we used for spay) gave me pain meds for her that make her sick again, on top of already not eating for a day for the surgery. I think b/c her dog food formula changed, but I'm not sure. We're back to our regular holistic vet who told us to do an entire 6 months of chicken, rice, supplements (and now egg since she's not gaining) to settle her tummy then start figuring out a long-term diet. I think her high was 42 lbs before she got sick, but she was 41 before her spay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts