Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working with Fly outside today on the long line with Sit, Stay and Come. She's a turd with the "come" command and will look at me and run away. So every time she goes outside she is somehow attached to me. I don't want her getting away with it! She loves the neighbor's obese rottie too. It's cute when she gets excited and starts leaping and play bowing.

sorry for the crappy pics...took them with my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Fly is adorable!! How old is she? She looks like she's having fun if that counts :D.

Jas came with "come" built in. (knock on wood!!!) Stay is beyond him. Though he has "wait" down at dinner time so maybe he'll not be hopeless forever LOL.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :). Fly is 5 months old. She is doing really well on training and learns super fast. She just knows that when she doesn't have the lead on she doesn't have to come. So I really want to get it into her head that YES Fly, you do HAVE to come. lol. That's why from now on, until I trust her, I'll have her on the lead.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It is wonderful that you are not giving fly a chance to not listen, it is going to help her down the road. She is quite beautiful! Keep up the great training! :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I swear since I've started feeding her raw her hair is softer, fuller and it shines, it even looks darker but I'm not sure if that's just my imagination. :p

She is such a good girl, I've very pleased and she comes almost every time now. She still knows that when she has the lead on she has to come, but I'm sure with more work she will realize that it's a treat to come to me (lots of praise and treats), as I've been doing so far. We also live right next to a highway, so the "come" command must be instilled in her!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts