Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here goes! Here are some pics of my poodles!

No making fun of their hair-cuts...mommy is still learning! We tired a few local groomers and they all crate them from 8 am until whenever they get around to grooming them...and well I guess my guys are screamers in a crate from what the last groomer told me. Oh well! I try!

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics! I will try to take some new ones for everyone! I guess I should just try to take pics after everyone gets groomed, but seems like I never remember to charge the batteries!:banghead:

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh my goodness!!! What a great looking family you've got there! Makes me want another poodle! You can't have just one poodle, right?! lol. :tongue: I don't know how you groom them all yourself. Just bathing and brushing Baxter makes me want to take a nap. lol!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
What a great pack you have there! I love the way they just love each other. It looks like Ceasar's pack except that there are mostly poodles instead of pitties. :whoo: Here is a picture of my little pack of four.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes if that were my pack one would be one chair and 4 would be in another. They do love to lay on top of each other, but some prefer to stretch out like yours do!

Yours look happy, and a bit sleepy, too! I will have to try to get a pic of everyone together...but that may require a wide angle!

I don't allow fighting or snapping at each other and everyone gets along pretty well. We do have squabbles from time to time, but nothing a "HEY!" won't stop.

Most of my kids love to have new dogs to play with, so if someone comes over to be groomed they normally don't want to leave when their owner comes.

I don't have a shop or anything, but most of my friends like to have me bathe their dogs because I don't charge much...since I don't do fancy cuts or anything like that. Plus their dogs enjoy coming here, at the local groomers they usually have to wait in a crate for 4 hours before and after being groomed.

She is a nice lady but its hard to find good help so she does all the dogs who come in by herself. I think she gives some people my number when she feels overwhelmed, and its just a wash and clip.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Yes they were sleepy and relaxed that summer day. Just now I had to stop them from playing too rough! lol (the big ones)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cats LOVE their basking lamp I set up in the pack in play. I have 3 in our living room! One for cats, one for dogs because some have to be fed separate from the others, and the last one is full of kids toys.
Yes having this many invloves alot of just plain training and practicing...but they really are all pretty well behaved. They spend A LOT OF TIME PLAYING...I wonder if a typical 1 or 2 poodle or pet household poo plays as much as mine do.

As I type this I can hear Raven and Casey in the living room chewing on each other...it sounds so much worse than it really is though. I have noticed that the reds seem to be a bit more talkative than the other colors.

My Ruby and Shippo are the only 2 that I have to remind to be quiet when someone comes in...the others stop barking as soon as the person is in the door. Maybe its because they are so small, but Kiki never barks and she is smaller than Ruby but bigger than Shippo...but she has no red in her background.

I had heard that the red colored poodles are a bit different temperament-wise than the other colors...anyone else noticed this with their red or dark apricot poodles? I have heard the same "myth" about a certain color of Doberman I never found to be true...but maybe there is something to the red poodle thing someone else had noticed?

I swear my parti-girls all groan and sigh so much its funny...especially when they are trying to go to sleep or getting up from sleeping. Its funny in the morning when they get up and are all stretching...they sound like a bunch of old cows trying to get up, kinda look like it too...color-wise of course! They have all done it since they were little and I have noticed the parti pups I have now doing it...maybe its a genetic thing!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
My Ginger is red and is very very vocal. She stretches and groans when she is laying down - you can always tell when she is shifting her position at night - lol - When she wants to go out or to play she will talk to me - s0 cute. the minis are yippers! and Teddy takes his cue from the rest except when everyone is happy he throws his head back and howls. the pack n plays are a good idea if you have the room.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes my minis are definitely more vocal than most of the toys. The standards will give a bark or 2 then stop, and only if someone knocks at the door.

Casey our 6 month old dark apricot standard puppy will bark, growl, whine and moan and groan to try to get her way with toys, chewys and other good stuff. Casey only makes noise when Raven is driving her crazy by tring to lick her in the mouth...other than that she is totally quiet. When she plays with me she just grunts a little bit but nothing else.

When the minis play with us they make all kinds of noise, and the toys make a lot of noise, too.

My favorite is when they get the "poodle crazies" and run up and down the stairs into the kitchen around the living room and back up and down the stairs again. THAT IS WHEN IS GETS LOUD!

If one starts at least 5 have to join in and so its like a streak of barking madness all through the house for about 10 minutes...then they all get tired and go to sleep.

I have never heard anyone but Fenton howl...and that was when one of the girls was smelling extra interesting and he had to sleep in our spare bedroom without her for 2 weeks. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts