Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the Purina National Show today, and had a great day!! Hung out with Trillium and her family and met up with Cdnjenga and her Mom!! Very nice to meet them up close and personal. Also met in person for the first time one of my puppy buyers from the 2008 litter and have never been hugged so tightly by a female in my life. Thank you Margaret.

Did some networking and rekindled some old friendships.

The photo of the gentleman and two women are my fiance Bruce, and Margaret and Trillium with her daughter Katie. The other photo of the two women is Cdnjenga and her Mom.

The rest are some of the Spoos at the show. A nine month old Tango bitch from the US won Winners bitch and had a huge win yesterday, so is already seven points of ten toward her Canadian championship.

A lovely day and tons of freebies from Purina!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I took a few, but couldn't get the lighting right and gave up. Haha, I have to laugh at my mom in the pic, good thing she's not a member of this forum, she would not be impressed. :)

The show was good, we watched the PWDs first, followed by minis then standards. We weren't impressed with the PWDs, although it was a pretty good sized entry at 15. Only 3 minis in the ring and nothing to write home about. It was my first time really paying attention to Standards in the ring, which was also interesting. The ears on a couple were super long and looked odd to me. I prefer a less overdone continental. I was interested to see that the vast majority of dogs were black, along with about 1 cream and 1 brown.

Anyway, the show was ok, although for something that was advertising by saying London has Crufts, New York has Westminster and Toronto has the Purina National, I have to say I was expecting a little more! I've been to Crufts, and trust me, that was no Crufts. :) Still it was fun to get back to a show after a few years away and remind myself of what it's all about. And nice to meet Arreau, Trillium and their fams in person as well!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
How fun to meet up at the show. It sounds like you had a lot of fun even if you didn't get to see as many dogs as you would have liked.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Wow, glad for all of you! Arreau, sounds like you all had a great time and it's wonderful for all of you to be able to meet like that. Looks like there were a few lovely standards there too! I bet it felt great to rekindle old friendships. :) Your fiance is a nice looking man, congratulations! When is the wedding? Or has it been set yet?

Thanks for sharing the pics and the fun you had!! :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
oH wow I was going to go but my husband took the weekend off and isn't into dog shows.
I so wish I would have gone anyways Oh well let me know if another show is around I would love to come meet you all.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How fun to meet up at the show. It sounds like you had a lot of fun even if you didn't get to see as many dogs as you would have liked.
It was a nice day for sure. Just really nice to get out there again and talk to people and their kids who have now picked up the reins from many moons ago. And it was great to meet my puppy person from 2008 at long last and spend some time with Trillium and meet Cdnjenga.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, glad for all of you! Arreau, sounds like you all had a great time and it's wonderful for all of you to be able to meet like that. Looks like there were a few lovely standards there too! I bet it felt great to rekindle old friendships. :) Your fiance is a nice looking man, congratulations! When is the wedding? Or has it been set yet?

Thanks for sharing the pics and the fun you had!! :)
Thank YOU!!! He IS a Hottie McButterpants. No wedding date set. We will likely just do it if/when the urge strikes with not too much fuss and bother. My daughter is getting married July 17th, and for a fleeting moment I thought a double wedding might be fun. But, we have lived together for ten years and after a failed 22 year marriage, I am a tad jaded.

I spent a lot of time speaking with a dear old friend of my Mom, who is an all breed judge now, and then began a fantastic dialogue with her daughter who is one of the hot handlers up here. We are going to stay in touch and she is going to help me look for awesome boys to breed my ladies to.

Glad you guys got home safely from your Canadian venture. Were you able to cross the border easily like I thought? You didn't need any special paperwork or credentials did you? I am going to go have a look at your thread and see the little fellow. Congrats!!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oH wow I was going to go but my husband took the weekend off and isn't into dog shows.
I so wish I would have gone anyways Oh well let me know if another show is around I would love to come meet you all.
Well that would have been extra nice if you had come too!! The shoow circiut has now begun, so there will be lots coming up. I will let you know when we are going to one next, and hopefully others will show up too. I think it is fabullous to meet in person and really get a feel for the others on here where at all possible. We have have a common denominator, so becoming friends should be fairly easy. There is a show coming up in Woodstock and I am thinking about it, so will let you know for sure!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice photos, I was going to go but I had to work on Saturday and today I was busy with other things to do.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice photos, I was going to go but I had to work on Saturday and today I was busy with other things to do.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
My pleasure!! I got a ton of videos too and if I can figure out how to post them, I will. I hope you will try and get up here when Plumcrazy is here.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Awwwwwww! I am jealous! It has been a long time since I have been able to hit a show. My schedule's been overloaded! Glad to hear you had a fabulous time!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was there all weekend as well. A friend and I had a booth selling dog "stuff". maybe you were in my booth and we didn't even know it! I thought it was a great show. From a vendor perspective it was the best show I've been to. Lots of public spectators, many who had never been to a Dog Show before, which I think is great.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awwwwwww! I am jealous! It has been a long time since I have been able to hit a show. My schedule's been overloaded! Glad to hear you had a fabulous time!
I hope you can get out to one soon!! It was really nice! I haven't been to an indoor one in years because I suffer from agoraphobia, but everything went well and I now look forward to the next time.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was there all weekend as well. A friend and I had a booth selling dog "stuff". maybe you were in my booth and we didn't even know it! I thought it was a great show. From a vendor perspective it was the best show I've been to. Lots of public spectators, many who had never been to a Dog Show before, which I think is great.
Which booth were you? Trillium and I made the rounds and popped into every one, so yep, as weird as it is, we may have even spoken!! Glad it was successful for you! Let me know what upcoming shows you are going to be at and if I am going, I will look you up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts